[NL20-NL50] AA vs 2 villians, superdrawy board??

• Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP1 ($17.11)
      MP2 ($23.54)
      CO ($11.28)
      Hero (Button) ($25)
      SB ($25)
      BB ($22.49)
      UTG ($25.35)
      UTG+1 ($29.29)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, A
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero bets $1.50, 2 folds, MP1 calls $1.25, MP2 calls $1.25

Flop: ($4.85) 7, 3, 9 (3 players)
      MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $3, MP1 calls $3, MP2 calls $3

Turn: ($13.85) 8 (3 players)
      MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks

River: ($13.85) 10 (3 players)
      MP1 bets $3.12, MP2 calls $3.12, Hero folds

Total pot: $20.09

Results below:
      MP1 had K, J (straight, Jack high).
      MP2 didn't show
      Outcome: MP1 won $19.09

NO reads of villians other than both pretty loose and MP2 is fish. Should i of bet turn? i dont think so as it seemed there was too much i was losing too so i checked back turn to try and keep pot small get to showdown, obviously river was easy fold but do bt turn here?
  • 10 replies
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      bet more on the flop.

b/f turn.

river play is good. but if you want to keep pot small for cheap showdown why do you fold on such a small bet? you pretty much render your play pointless by folding when you are getting such odds.
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      ok yes i should of bet fold turn i agree but call river, why? even pretty good odds of are pretty poor when u know you are beat surely?

any other river card (non club) i think i can call but there no is no chance with that card that i am ahead of anything?
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      the only reason you didnt bet turn was to be able to have a cheap showdown.

and you succeded in that didnt you?

so why not call?
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      well i think had MP2 folded i may of called fro pot odds sake but a bet and a call with that river card im clearly no good, my plan of getting to a cheap showdown changed once the river card hits.

i.e my plan for the hand on the turn changed once i knew the river had me stone cold beat?

so i dont see the sense in calling i know the river beat me (If i wasnt already beat) , so folding is th only option isnt it?
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      actually i still think checking behind the turn is he best option, here im up against 2 villians and i have a marginal hand. small hand small pot,

surely the need for pot control outweighs the need to protect against hands that may already of got there?
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      Originally posted by Hackett77
      actually i still think checking behind the turn is he best option, here im up against 2 villians and i have a marginal hand. small hand small pot,

surely the need for pot control outweighs the need to protect against hands that may already of got there?

you do have a point. but still, you bet half pot and you know exactly where you stand.

as far as the river play, i was wrong.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d bet 4$ on the flop and I would also prefer betting on the turn. This way you´re protecting your hand against all the draws
      River: like your fold, on 4-straight board your aces are likely behind against two players
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      ok but isnt betting the turn a bit dangerous on this board with 2 callers, HU yes id bet turn most of the time bt with two callers on the flop shouldnt my goal be to keep the pot small. I think that overides the need for protection in this case as im a WA/WB situation against 2 villains and think most times here im facing a draw and hand that probably already had me beat?
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      bet fold the turn.

that is what he means.

bet it because no draws have yet been made apart from some weird gutshot which shouldnt concern you.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hackett77
      ok but isnt betting the turn a bit dangerous on this board with 2 callers, HU yes id bet turn most of the time bt with two callers on the flop shouldnt my goal be to keep the pot small. I think that overides the need for protection in this case as im a WA/WB situation against 2 villains and think most times here im facing a draw and hand that probably already had me beat?
      I´d expect most of the times set or two pair c/r flop, since it is quite drawy, don´t think players are slowplaying there too often. 8h brought a lot of more draws, but only completed so gutshots and gave 98, 78 two pair, so I prefer there protecting your hand, rather than giving free cards that could loose your hand