The Best Blog Ever!

• eikciR
      Hello everyone.

I started playing 6 months ago live at a friends house. Afterwards I decided to look into poker and see what it can offer. I decided to purchase the book "Harrington on Hold 'em" and if i'm honest it was a fairly good read. It helped me learn the basics of poker such as pre-flop strategies and post-flop stratagies. I then started playing online at FullTilt and made a deposit. I deposited $30 and so started playing in cash games ($0.01/$0.02), I roughly broke even after playing for 2 months and then I decided to go on to Sit & Go's at $1 + $0.20. Again I started braking even in the first week or so and then slowly dropped. I seeked for advice and found this. It helped me improve my game a lot but luck was the factor stopping me. I usually multi-tabled $1 + $0.20 Sit & Go's to a maximum of 3 tables at a time. I started off winning, taking around 2/3 games on average and then slowly went downhill. I felt my game was correct, I downloaded software to incourage me to intake different plays and to increase my knowledge of Sit & Go's. At this time I was really getting annoyed with poker, I would get a very premium hand such as AA, KK, QQ and raise, just as Poker Strategy says, 4x BB + 1x BB for every limper. Donks would call me and get rewarded. (I have A :spade: A :club: UTG. I raise 5x BB as i'm out of position. I get two callers, one on the button and one from the small blind. The flop comes 7 :diamond: 3 :diamond: 9 :spade: . SB checks, I raise 2/3 of the pot and the smallblind shoves. He is very loose so I call and he shows 9 :heart: 3 :club:) . Stuff like this happened to me for around two weeks and I got sick off it making my bank roll which I got up to $45 drop to $25. I seeked advice and Richard Burke helped me out which increased my knowledge a hell of a lot (visit his blog if you can). I used this knowledge and won my first few games and I was happy. After this I just got so unlucky that every single game I was in I got sucked out on or drawn out on. It was just horrible and I got so pissed off that once my roll hit $10 I decided to play a $10 Sit & Go. I played with extreme confidence, picking correct spots and not being too over aggressive nor tight. It got to the final four players and people were beginning to shove as blinds increase and within a few hands I picked up the most beautiful hand ever, A :spade: A :heart: . I guy shoves and it's all a no brainer really, I call with me being the big stack and him being the 2nd biggest stack I though wow, this would really make me win the game. He shows Q :heart: Q :diamond: and hits the Q :club: on the flop. I am thinking "Why does this have to happen to me?!" and then a few hands afterwards pick up T :club: T :spade: and obviously shove with me having around 4 big blinds left. The small blind calls and shows A9. I'm thinking "Ok 3 outs, please don't let him hit one..." and boom. It's all over. I know it was my mistake to which I admit to but the sheer luck factor of poker belittles me and makes me look like a complete and utter twat.

My name is Rickie, and this is my blog...
  • 2 replies
    • Waiboy
      Hey eikciR

Good luck with the SnGs and your poker career!

Can I suggest the use of paragraphs? You'll make your thoughts and experiences a lot more readable. :f_biggrin:

Study hard, pwn hard!
    • themagpiespg
      Hi ur shove with 4 bb ( with 10 or less bb's its a shove with any pair )was the correct play. Not a mistake u just got un lucky.

Just play ur a game it will turn around. I know I'm there at the moment the donks play any 2 and hit every time.