UTG: $24.50
      UTG+1: $33.35
      CO: $35.93
      Button: $44.83
      SB: $33.77
      BB: $27.25

Dealt to BB Q:diamond: A:diamond:

Pre-flop:
      (1 folds), UTG+1 raises to $.90, (1 folds), Button calls $.90, SB calls $.75, BB calls $.65

Flop: ($3.60) T:heart: T:club: K:spade: (4 Players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Button checks

Turn: ($3.60) 2:spade: (4 Players)
      SB bets $.25, BB calls $.25, UTG+1 calls $.25, (1 folds)

River: ($4.35) 2:club: (3 Players)
      SB bets $4.35, BB raises to $26.10 and is all-in

Hero: I was playing super tight because of the two calling stations on the table.

Villains

UTG+1: hands: 118, vpip: 25, pfr: 11, wtsd: 18, AF: 3, cbet 40

Button: hands: 115, vpip: 88, pfr: 0, wtsd: 33, AF: 0,34

SB: hands: 181, vpip: 65, pfr: 16, wtsd: 42, AF: 5,25, 3bet: 21

UTG+1 was a solid but pretty weak and passive player. He had some aggressive tendencies in his game, though.

SB was huge maniac fish. He was bluffing a lot, but he played his strong hands in an aggressive manner too. For example he limped behind one limper with KK, I made normal isolation raise with AKo on the small blind and he moved all-in for his rest 90 big blinds. He didn't respect raises and 3bets at all. He was especially going after squeeze plays. Once he 5bet shoved A9o against the tightest player ever with 150 big blind effective stack.

Pre-flop

I thought about squeezing a while. My hand crushes button's and SB's range and I could play a bigger pot with great hand against two very bad players. The thing is SB was very aggressive and thought every 3bet is a bluff and he was capable of moving all-in after my possible 3bet. So I ended up just calling and hoping to hit the flop hard.

Flop

The solid preflop aggressor checked the flop. He had already played 100 hands with the button and the SB so I think he would have cbet any king, AA and any ten. He didn't cbet that often so I think he had some kind of an underpair or AJ/AQ.

Turn

SB minbets. I think I have great implied odds and I have no reason to believe anyone would raise behind me and in case that happens I lose only ,25$. UTG+1's call made me pretty sure he didn't have much. I think he virtually never has TP or better here.

River

This is the most important part. SB wasn't only calling station but also a bluffing machine. He made a lot of these testing minbets on the flop and turn and if no one raised him, he usually bet the pot on the river. I had seen him do this at least four times. If there wasn't the utg+1 behind me this would have been an easy call, but I was kind of worried he would also call knowing the sb's tendencies. I guess utg+1 could easily have JJ or QQ and he would certainly call with these hands.

Is my raise completely retarded? My assumptation is UTG+1 will fold here almost every single time. I don't think he would slowplay even quads like this because he must have known how bad the two other players were. SB's calling range is of course much wider than utg+1's. But I think even he could release a few better hands.

So did I play this completely wrong?
      Should I squeeze preflop?
      Should I bet the flop?
      Should I raise the turn?
      Or should I just call the river bet or even fold?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you can 3-bet pf, likely all the worse hands would fold and you´re hu against fish
      c/f flop is fin, you only have gutshot+overpair on paired board
      I think call is fine on the turn, you´re sometimes ahead if you hit one of you 10 outs you can call fish down
      River: call is better than shove, UTG won´t overcall there with JJ/QQ, since with your line you can easily have Tx or kx and he isn´t just ahead too many times. And fishes sometimes take minbet turn, bet pot river with Tx or 2x and he isn´t going to fold if you shove
      So you´re loosing a lot if fish has boat or even maybe K and doesn´t really force out any stronger hands