Stack
      SB:
      $10.00
      Hero:
      $11.00
      MP2:
      $6.23

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , K:spade:
      MP2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, SB raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $1.80, MP2 folds, SB calls $1.20.

Flop: ($3.70) Q:diamond: , 5:diamond: , 3:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($3.70) K:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.00, SB folds.

Final Pot: $5.70

I felt like he will call me on the flop with his entire range, maybe folding AJ, AK, and I would have no bluff cards on the turn (except outs), is bet flop, check back turn a better line?

As played, which cards would you bet on?
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I would bet this flop since SB is playing very fit or fold so far and it's hard to hit.

As played, I would bet A or K turns if he checks again. If the turn blanks, it's quite likley that you can check down and win unimproved. Plus it will also be hard to fold better hands for one bet after you checked the flop. Might also bet J T, since it can be another overcard for him, and gives you additional outs.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      I would bet this flop since SB is playing very fit or fold so far and it's hard to hit.

As played, I would bet A or K turns if he checks again. If the turn blanks, it's quite likley that you can check down and win unimproved. Plus it will also be hard to fold better hands for one bet after you checked the flop. Might also bet J T, since it can be another overcard for him, and gives you additional outs.
      I think you can ditch that "ignore my hand evaluation replies" signature of yours, what you say makes a lot of sense almost every time.

Hope it helps.