Avoiding the bubble.

• PushMeUp
      PushMeUp
      Basic
      At the moment i'm playing $1 + $0.20 9 seater Sit & Go's.

I'm finding it really difficult to avoid the bubble. I usually bubble every single time and it starts irritating me a hell of a lot. My roll was $40 and now it's $34. I know I havn't lost too much but it's not nice knowing that you come so close to at least cashing and then you go out, it's sick. It annoys me as it seems like i've put meaningless effort into something which causes me to lose money.

I've read over the strategies a lot and even using them I seem to bubble. I take poker very seriously, even at my level, and it's horrible knowing that it's going nowhere. I've played at slightly higher stakes such as $5 + $0.50 9 seater Sit & Go's and I usually cash in them, which I find really weird. After winning money in them I go back and play at my usual limit and slowly lose it all. I've tried grinding whilst playing with up to four tables and I still only manage to cash around one or two out of the four and yet again lose money slowly.

I cannot read any of the higher articles as I have no ID at this time and so I cannot recieve my $50 free starting capital and therefore unlock strategy points and gradually move up to a higher rank. I'm 18 exactly, although i've been playing online before I was 18.

Anyway getting back to the point is there anybody who can actually help improve my game, have sweat sessions on Skype, etc? Somebody with a fair amount of experience and who has passed playing micro stake Sit & Go's would be prefered but anyone with a good ammount of experience would be nice aswell.

I know an moderator will post on here linking me to strategy videos and telling me to search certain people's names in the video section - to breif, I have already done these things. As PokerStrategy's Elephant cannot record Sit & Go games I cannot send my hands in for evaluation and there isn't a way of me getting Hold 'em manager either so i'm pretty much stuffed this way.

If you did read this, which i'm sure 90% of the people who viewed this didn't, thankyou and could you please add me on Skype: PushMeUpPoker

Thanks.
  • 10 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      If you avoid the bubble you will never cash. DUCY?
    • jessicalg
      jessicalg
      Bronze
      That's correct but not very helpful sheepmoose. You understand the point that he is trying to get at.

What you need to look at is why do you keep bubbling it? Is it the way you are playing?

Also maybe $5 is the right limit for you if you are winning at this buy in why go back down. (I know PS say differently but people have tried their strategy and failed) The lower the buy in the worse the players are imo.

I hope everything turns round for you no body likes the bubble.
    • Octhellior
      Octhellior
      Bronze
      Just keep playing to win, don't worry about going out on the bubble.

Download ICM trainer, practice it, live it, breathe it, ship it!
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Varriance is brutal in S&Gs...it gets ALOT worse than 6BI.

Play Cash-Games =)
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello PushMeUp,

I would highly recommend that you download the ICM Trainer Light and the normal ICM Trainer: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/

Practice your ICM - its important for understanding key principles of playing late phase SNGs ;)

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Usually win at 5$ SNG's? What, like 1-2 times? That's a good sample.
    • PushMeUp
      PushMeUp
      Basic
      Originally posted by ShadowOfLight1337
      Usually win at 5$ SNG's? What, like 1-2 times? That's a good sample.
      Obviously I didn't take it from one or two games. I have played a good amount of $5 + $0.50 Sit & Go's, obviously not enough to say that I know 100% that i'd rather play there. But at the moment I do feel more comfortable in playing at that price range, even though i'm not managing my bankroll.

Originally posted by TheBu11d0g
      Hello PushMeUp,

I would highly recommend that you download the ICM Trainer Light and the normal ICM Trainer: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/

Practice your ICM - its important for understanding key principles of playing late phase SNGs

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
      I have already downloaded both versions of ICM trainer, I used to use ICM trainer for around 30 minutes before I played online every day. I feel like I have good knowledge when it comes to late phases of tournements, knowing when to push or fold, the only bad thing about this part is getting sucked out on, but you've got to expect it really.

Does anybody know where I can get software where it lets you record your hands in Sit & Go's?
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello PushMeUp,

You can download free trials of both Holdem Manager and PokerTracker from their respective websites.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      You can also buy them both at a discount in the Poker Strategy Store.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      If you're winning a few a bit higher but losing lower down the ranks you just got lucky at the higher buyin. I can't see how you can be playing a solid game if you lose at the bottom stakes. I would re-evaluate my game in that case.

On top of ICM trainer etc you can download free hand replayers for analysis use(just google it) if you haven't got anything else and they work just fine.

Also, I don't know your bankroll but not managing it is the biggest leak in poker - even bigger than limp/folding :) - so it seems you have much to consider long before you get to the bubble. gl. :)