Flight canceled?

• ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

I ve got A situation here...
      this morning I went to the airport as planned to get on the plane back home.
      However, they told me the flight has been canceled, offered me hotel and told me they ll find the soonest possible flight to get me home.
      I refused the hotel tho, since I can stay at my gf place.

Has anyone been in such a situation ?
      I expect huge compensation. Does anyone have any idea what should I do to get most of it ?
  • 11 replies
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      You will get exactly nothing.
      It is in thier terms and conditions when you book the flight. You were lucky they even offered you a hotel as in alot of cases they do not.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      they may give you another free ticket (depending on the airline)
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      I found out I am eligible to €600 actually...

3,500km +
      e.g. London > New York
      Delay to destination
      Up to 4 hours €300
      More than 4 hours €600

"...and at least 4 hour delays for flights over 3,500km.

Any postponements of longer than 5 hours will also make passengers eligible for reimbursement of the ticket (if they decide not to travel), and if it continues into the night, hotel rooms, and transfer to it."
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      each airline has its own set of terms with regards to delays, just read the fineprint as you've done.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Oh dear, weel atleast you get abit of extra time with the girlfriend =)

I'm visiting my girl in america this summer, i hope similar problems dont happen then.

Enjoy the 600euro :D
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      I'm visiting my girl in america this summer, i hope similar problems dont happen then.
      I'm saying this as an American who hates traveling back home because of how annoying the whole process is:

Arrive at the airport very very early. Also make sure you aren't carrying anything prohibited in your luggage. (Lighters in my checked luggage almost screwed me last time.)

Just expect it to suck and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised when it doesn't suck as bad as you expected. :D
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      I'm saying this as an American who hates traveling back home because of how annoying the whole process is:

Arrive at the airport very very early. Also make sure you aren't carrying anything prohibited in your luggage. (Lighters in my checked luggage almost screwed me last time.)

Just expect it to suck and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised when it doesn't suck as bad as you expected. :D
      Oh yes, iv alot oof people worn me of this. Security procedures i would imagine take alot longer than they would if you where flying else where. Is the bigger problem flying into america or out of america? I would imagine flying into america?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Oh yes, iv alot oof people worn me of this. Security procedures i would imagine take alot longer than they would if you where flying else where. Is the bigger problem flying into america or out of america? I would imagine flying into america?
      I think out of America is worse, but that's because its so easy to fly out of Tokyo no matter what your destination is.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      in denmark the law says that your entitled to over 9 million $
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      in denmark the law says that your entitled to over 9 million $
      Wish I lived in denmark :evil:
    • ihufa
      ihufa