Greetings

• Grums2k
      Grums2k
      Bronze
      Hey,

Im mike and im a maniac. Glad to get that off my chest! ;)

I do tend to play loose aggressive, but when multitableing its not something thats easily done. Atleast not for me, i need to focus on one table in order to unleash my full aggression. Sometimes i go broke (just the buyin ofc! :) ), sometimes i make everybody leave the table...Ah, is there any better feeling than sitting down, alone at a table, with 7 buyins? I dont think so! :D

Im from sweden and im building a bankroll. My main goal is to play ALOT of poker. While i play it for fun im extremely competetive and couldnt play for any reason less than being the best! Thats what i aspire to. I have a long way to go. But playing WSOP is my very distant goal.

/Gone fishing
  • 9 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      :D Did you always play loose aggressive? Or did you switch from a tight aggressive to a loose aggressive style?

Which limits do you play?

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Grums2k
      Grums2k
      Bronze
      I switched from tight aggressive. I started out playing by the book so to speak. Ive played succesfully at other sites from levels 0.02/0.04 to 2/4 blinds. But being busy prevented me from continueing and ive always cashed out when i had to do other stuff in life.

I now play NL 10 at Party(FR). I could deposit and play higher limits but i just wanna prove to myself that i can grind myself up. Its long and boring. But i set out to do it and i will. There arent any shortcuts in learning poker. Besides, forcing yourself to play good even though you arent motivated is educational in it self.

Also, i cant be as loose aggressive as i want to when playing those Ring games. It forces me to vary my play, which is also educational.

Still having a hard time finding the time to play as much as i want to though. Makeing the grind even slower(only been able to get 278 partypoints so far).

Mike
    • Grums2k
      Grums2k
      Bronze
      Update...

Hmm, this kinda sucks and my story with turning 50 dollars into loads almost had an abrupt end. Here's why:

As of may i started having troubles with my back. It progressively went from bad to much worse. I went to the doctor and after 2 visits he concluded that i had a sliped disc in my back, causeing a pinched Sciatica nerve. I was prescribed pain killers. Heavy stuff so to speak. Problem was i felt GREAT on them. A bit to great it affected my poker play. I play aggressive and playing that aggressive and not having focus and knowing when to release your hand is devestating. I went down to just 1 dollar (from 275) in matter of days. I wonder what have happend? I mean, it felt like i played great. I wasnt able to reflect upon my situation, the pain killers (Morphine ) clouded my judgement in a way i didnt think was possible.

I now quit those pain killers (The pain is bad, but i value my judgement) and i have grinded 1 dollar to 5 dollars on the lowest fixed limit. Im determined to turn it to atleast 50 dollars so i can begin the SSS strategy on the no limit tables.

Ill update this as i go

Thanks for listening
      Mike
    • Classical
      Classical
      Bronze
      Wow, morphine-induced tilt...
      My respect to you for preferring pain over softened judgement. I'm not sure if I'd have the strength to make the same choice. With this attitude I have no doubt you will grind your way back up to where you were and beyond. GL.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Grums2k!

I wish you good luck (not only at the tables ;) ) Hope that you will be back on track very soon.

Best regards
      Puschkin81
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I would recommend to stop playing while having extreme pains. (I don't know if the pains you have are alway there and won't go away in the near future. If this is the fact you can ignore my post. :/)

Playing under drugs is "-EV" as well. I hope that your back will get back to normal as soon as possible. :)
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Your health should be a priority over slowly building a poker BR. Shouldnt stop your prescription imo.
    • Grums2k
      Grums2k
      Bronze
      Thanks all! :)

Yeah i shouldnt play. And i hardly do just when i can and feel able to.

And as far as the perscription goes. I would never ever take that heavy medicin unless its life or death. So poker isnt the reason im not takeing them. Its a principle.

I've also started some physiotherapy(correct spelling?) which seems to help! To early to tell yet.

Thanks again all :)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      taking morphine in such a situation doesn't seem like the right thing to do indeed unless the pain is unbarable and/or you tried all other kinds of things before.

I'm glad you got up a bit again, would be pretty bad if you lost your BR cuz of this