Question about PartyPoints

• 13 replies
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      I modify my question, since I found the answer in another post:
      If I fold preflop, is it still a raked hand for me? In other words, if other players build up a huge pot, with me folding preflop, do I get my share of the partypoints? Thanks for the answer.
    • cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Silver
      The method used in PartyPoker it's the contributed method, not the dealt method.
      The dealt method means that everyone that was dealt cards will win points if the pot gets raked.

The contributed method (PartyPoker) means that if you put money in a raked pot, you'll win partypoints in proportion to what you've contributed to the pot. And that actually results, as an example, in more points to the players that stay in the hand until the showdown. If you folded the hand on the flop, not investing more money into it, and the pot keeps growing through later streets with the remaining players, they'll receive more points as they've 'contributed' more to the pot.

Don't increase your VPIP and WTSD by calling raises and raising all the time just to get poits :P Just play your game and don't mind the points because that is ABSOLUTELY secondary. Worry more about improving your game and playing accordingly to your best game.

Again I advise you DO NOT keep worrying about making points. That and making monetary objectives are stressful concerns that will only affect your play and state of mind.

What you could do is estimate how many points you make per hour or per 1000 hands and plan how many hours you'll want to play in that month so you can play a certain amount of hands and thus making a certain amount of points.

I think the most realistic goal is determined in setting how many hours/hands you'll want to play per month. I usually set a number of hands per month. And therefore I'll know an estimate of how many hours of multitabling I'll need to comply and an estimate of how much points I'll receive as a result.

Keep your focus on the game, the rest are not as important.

Good Luck!
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Thanks mate! However I really could've used that first deposit bonus... By the way, are you absolutely sure about the contributed method? I mean, you surely do sound pretty sure, but I have read the expression "dealt cards" quite a few times on party website... Wht the heck, are they trying to mislead us, or what? Gonna link it in a sec...

"Raked hand

A hand that a) a player participates in (dealt cards) and b) has generated at least $0.01 in rake for that player. Generated rake is calculated by dividing the total rake collected in that hand by the number of players who were dealt cards."
      from party poker website, http://www.partypoker.com/how_to_play/using-our-poker-table/rake-and-blind-structure.html

Yea, thanks for the advice about playing :) I WILL focus on improving my game and everything else will be secondary to me. But I could use the extra cash :P As anyone could, I guess...
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      also, from this forum:

"Rake is a small percentage of the pot which will be paid to the poker site. Everytime the pot exceeds a certain amount of money rake is taken of the pot. When this happens it is said that "the hand is raked".

To collect Party points from rake it is enough that you get dealt cards. You're allowed to fold your hand pre-flop. "

So I absolutely do thank you for being helpful, but are you one hundred percent sure about the contributed method?
    • pinnryder
      pinnryder
      Bronze
      I'm pretty sure about the contributed method too.
      You get 1 Party point for every .5$ you pay in rake which makes it really hard too earn points at the microstakes. If you want too clear a bonus you have to be sure wich games you can beat. I don't know if it's possible to clear a bonus at the 1cent/2cent levels.
      I got a 350$ bonus for free from party poker whcich I am clearing at the moment. I do this with the 5$ SnG which are beatable for me but the rake is just ridiculous (1$!!), that gives me 2 points for every SnG..
    • cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Silver
      PartyPoker used to have the dealt method and you would receive 1.5 SP for every 1 PP here at PS.com
      But as I recall at the end of last year they've changed to contributed method and therefore now you earn 1.75 SP for every 1 PP.
      So you have to notice the date on that forum.
      But I'm going to do a search so I can give you positive certain.
    • cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Silver
      Done some quick research...
      Well I guess PartyPoker still uses dealt method with a few specific differences from the general concept of that method.
      But it would be nice if someone actually informed about this could post a better response.
    • pinnryder
      pinnryder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by akrammon

"Raked hand

A hand that a) a player participates in (dealt cards) and b) has generated at least $0.01 in rake for that player.

As it says here I guess it's kind of both. You need to get dealt cards and you need to pay at least 1 cent in rake in order to get points.
      So you need to fullfill requirement a and b. One won't be enough to earn points...
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Yea, I think I get it now... They write "dealt" but the only way it activates if you put something into the pot :P :P well, nice :P :P

Anyway, thanks for both of your help, guys, it really did help me clear things out! Thanks!!

I think I'm gonna try beating party anyway... Wish me a tilt-free play on NL25, SSS... :)
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      whats ur account? im targetmoney and imbadatpoker
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Not yet made. Gonna register as soon as my money arrives on moneybookers.
    • UltimateBlue
      UltimateBlue
      Silver
      I am not sure if they (PartyPoker) try not to be clear but they still use the dealt method.
    • mist3rbl4ck
      mist3rbl4ck
      Silver
      Here's the link to the info directly from PartyPoker ...

http://www.partypoker.com/how_to_play/rake_and_blind.html