BSS On Pokerstars.

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I am probably classed as a SSS player but after taking a break and returning to SSS I am longing to try BSS but I started with my own $50 after getting in a strop when I got owned at NL100 and withdrew all my BR and blew it on well crap really.

Anyway, the question...

If you start on the NL2 tables as suggested in the articles, should I buy in with $5 as that is the table maximum buy-in or should I start with 100BB's that would be $2?

And before anyone asks, yes I would be very comfortable having $5 in front of me but was wondering if this is against the strategy or am I free to sit big stacked?
  • 8 replies
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      5$ all the way. I found myself having too many fish just playing waaay to agressively so that I was able to take full advantage of them. IMO 5 BI's is enough to beat NL2 without HORRIBLE badbeats that keep coming.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice, just thought I'd check as I am trying to do things properly this time ;)

NL2... I bet you are so jealous of me right now :]
    • mata123
      mata123
      Bronze
      yeah there are a lot of fish but if you ar not experienced with the BSS go for the 2 bucks BI,because you will/can go on tilt easy when you loose yor 5 bucks to a fis with 24o :) ....get some experience playing BSS,especially at the post flop game and then by all means go for the full BI :f_biggrin:
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      100BBs is Full stack in BSS. Playing with deep stacks (250BBs in your case) is different and losses (well , also winnings) are bigger. Also almost all strategy articles are for playing with 100BBs deep.
      So my suggestion is to begin with 100BBs and if you win somebodys stack, you can play deepstack poker.
      Ofcourse as said, there are many fish in NL2, but you can lose with bad luck and with some tilting play after this quite a few stacks.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ShadowOfLight1337
      IMO 5 BI's is enough to beat NL2 without HORRIBLE badbeats that keep coming.
      5BI is not enough you do not know what you have coming. I lost 4 times with pocket aces yesterday and the to times I did not lose i picked up the blinds. the same thing happened the day before. The times I lost I was all in preflop. shit happens and you better be prepared. overall I am up but there are downswing because of variance and tilt and 5BI is way not enough neither is 10. At NL2 you have people that will call you with any 2 cards AI pre flop post flop etc regardless of the outcome. they are great to make money from IN THE LONG RUN. They can get really irritating and put you on tilt very easily when they do hit and take your stack 3 or 3 times in a row with worst hand at the time of the call.

follow good BRM and you'll be a winner. Don't and you are gambling. good luck
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      Originally posted by ShadowOfLight1337
      IMO 5 BI's is enough to beat NL2 without HORRIBLE badbeats that keep coming.
      5BI is not enough you do not know what you have coming. I lost 4 times with pocket aces yesterday and the to times I did not lose i picked up the blinds. the same thing happened the day before. The times I lost I was all in preflop. shit happens and you better be prepared. overall I am up but there are downswing because of variance and tilt and 5BI is way not enough neither is 10. At NL2 you have people that will call you with any 2 cards AI pre flop post flop etc regardless of the outcome. they are great to make money from IN THE LONG RUN. They can get really irritating and put you on tilt very easily when they do hit and take your stack 3 or 3 times in a row with worst hand at the time of the call.

follow good BRM and you'll be a winner. Don't and you are gambling. good luck
      I'm just saying how I would have done it, had I known it would be so simple. There weren't that many days when I was down overall, and before I hit those downers I already had increased my BR to compensate them.
    • goldchess
      goldchess
      Bronze
      I have just started playing on pokerstars at the NL 2 tables.
      In the strategy articles it says to raise 4 big blinds if nobody has entered in front of you. However I have found that even with such a raise, there are often 4/5 callers, which is not great if I have, say, AA.

Should I be raising more than this? The problem is everyone will often fold to a raise of about 8 BB, which is also not great.

Any thoughts are welcome.
    • dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      Yeahh to that last post, I had that same problem in live games, especially the low limit ones. Probably adjusting and increasing the size of the raise is good since that gives you more value for your hands, while isolating your opponents. That is the main goal of raising anyways, so if they're willing to throw their money at you, go for it!