This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

18 Man sng's on stars

• Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      I'm wondering what adjustments, if any, need to be made from the standard STT strategy for these?

I have played 100 or so $1.75's on stars and am about $10 or $15 up but am getting sick of arriving at the bubble as the major shorty.

The loose push/fold calling ranges of the fish who play these make it a bit of a lottery on the bubble so I'm wondering if I need to open up my range a little in the early phases in order to accumulate more chips?

I am considering opening my range to limp in with suited aces and sc's when the blinds are low the same as I would set mine with low pp's. I am also considering raising 88+ from LP if there are two or less limpers in front and no raises.

Would these adjustments be worthwhile? Am I likely to spew more chips than I gain doing this?

I have this week coming off work so will be playing 600 of these this week so I want to get my strategy down before I start.

At the moment I play the standard sng strat but I have opened my all in calling range a lot in the early phase as I am happy to flip for an early double up. More often than not a shove early on from a non reg means Ax in these games so I feel comfortable calling them with TT+. This has backfired once or twice when I have run in to a reg shoving QQ+ but I just need to remember to check who's shoving before I call lol.

Any comments/advice/suggestions will be much appreciated :)
  • 2 replies
    • pinnryder
      pinnryder
      Bronze
      Hmm... I would only consider calling with suited Aces, with pot odds and in position and in a multiway pot. They just play bad HU. Other than that I would say that having good knowledge of ICM will give you the edge to make them profitable, even if the results are hard to see in the short term results.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      i think i wouldn´t do anything different in the beginning. just play tight and solid and practise late game situations with sngs wiz to get used to the new payout structure