$59.10
      CO:
      $51.90
      BU:
      $52.25
      SB:
      $55.70

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, 7.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, MP3 calls $1.50, 2 folds, SB calls $1.25, BB raises to $6.50, Hero calls $5.00, MP3 calls $5.00, SB folds.

Flop: ($21) 4, Q, 8 (3 players)
      BB bets $12.00, Hero raises to $52.05(All-In), MP3 folds, BB calls $24.50.

Turn: ($109.55) 5 (2 players)

River: ($109.55) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $109.55.

The 3better had 7% 3betting and has been very active in 3betting before.

If I shove the flop, I don't even need 50% fold equity, so it should be fine?
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      preflop flatting 3bet with A7s is way too spewy imo, 7% is still way ahead of your range. Fold PF. Flop shove is fine.
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      Problem is you don't really hit with Axs hands. I never call 3bets with Axs but rather suited connectors in position. You have huge potential with suited connectors but not with Axs hands.
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      As I said, there was history and he liked 3betting, especially in squeeze spots.

I don't need comments on my pre-flop game, but thank you anyway ;) .
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

Flop play is perfectly fine. Big squeezed pot, nut flush draw... time to get the monies in :D
      However, I'd like to consider something else: The 3rd player in the hand. If you get the money in here and he calls, it's pretty good, as you're flipping and since there's dead money in the pot, it's still a +EV move. Also if we consider the times he folds, it's even more +EV.
      But the 3rd opponent makes things different for a few reasons:

1 - Villain's cbetting range is stronger against 2 opp, meaning we have less FE ando the EV of this move diminishes, as most of it comes from when villain folds.

2 - We have the nut flush draw, so whenever we hit we have the nuts (unless the 4 :spade: hits, in which case we might be dead), meaning we don't have to worry about protecting our equity. Our equity is absolute!

3 - Since we're drawing to the nuts, we WANT more people to put money in the pot, as that greatly increases our odds. (for example, if we call here and MP3 calls behind, we're getting close to 3:1 on our money and that's absolutely great!)

4 - Villain is giving us prety good odds already

5 - If villain has air, he'll often barrel an A on the turn.

Anyway, there are many positive aspects for calling and I like it better =)

Regarding pre-flop, I don't like flatting at all. I like playing back if he's 3betting a lot, but I'd rather 4b instead, as it's pretty hard to play back with A7s post flop.