This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AKo - BU

• shanshichi
      shanshichi
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $5.37
      Hero:
      $9.12

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , A:heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, SB folds, BB raises to $0.44, Hero calls $0.32.

Flop: ($0.90) K:diamond: , 3:club: , 9:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.44, Hero raises to $1.20, BB raises to $2.40, Hero raises to $8.68 (All-In), BB calls $2.53 (All-In).

Turn: ($14.51) 6:diamond:
      River: ($14.51) 6:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $14.51

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and sixes (Ks Ah)
      BB shows a full-house, kings full of sixes (Kh Kc)

BB wins with a full-house, kings full of sixes (Kh Kc)

today i had such a crazy session on party . help. :f_biggrin:
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      I am just calling his flop bet in position after being 3-bet preflop - because I only see one hand we want to raise for protection against - AKcc, sometimes AQcc and the hands that we beat - pairs <=QQ he is going to give up on the turn often. So I prefer calling and folding to a bet on the turn - or bet/folding myself if he checks. I certainly fold to his min re-raise on the flop - I think the best you can hope for there is a split pot.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say without knowing anything about his 3betting tendencies, it's not a horrible stack off by any means with top pair in a 3bet pot, but surely knowing more about your opponent could help you play it more optimally.

Most 15/10/1 guys likely don't 3-bet very light to begin with even BB vs BU, and when they take goofy lines in a 3bet pot they are a lot more likely to have you smoked than to be spazzing out.

amplifyd's line looks fine, it's a fair assumption at microstakes that tight regs will shutdown on the turn with less than AK.

Hope it helps.