[NL2-NL10] AKo - BU

• shanshichi
      Known players:

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , A:heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, SB folds, BB raises to $0.44, Hero calls $0.32.

Flop: ($0.90) K:diamond: , 3:club: , 9:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.44, Hero raises to $1.20, BB raises to $2.40, Hero raises to $8.68 (All-In), BB calls $2.53 (All-In).

Turn: ($14.51) 6:diamond:
      River: ($14.51) 6:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $14.51

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and sixes (Ks Ah)
      BB shows a full-house, kings full of sixes (Kh Kc)

BB wins with a full-house, kings full of sixes (Kh Kc)

today i had such a crazy session on party . help. :f_biggrin:
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      I am just calling his flop bet in position after being 3-bet preflop - because I only see one hand we want to raise for protection against - AKcc, sometimes AQcc and the hands that we beat - pairs <=QQ he is going to give up on the turn often. So I prefer calling and folding to a bet on the turn - or bet/folding myself if he checks. I certainly fold to his min re-raise on the flop - I think the best you can hope for there is a split pot.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Hard to say without knowing anything about his 3betting tendencies, it's not a horrible stack off by any means with top pair in a 3bet pot, but surely knowing more about your opponent could help you play it more optimally.

Most 15/10/1 guys likely don't 3-bet very light to begin with even BB vs BU, and when they take goofy lines in a 3bet pot they are a lot more likely to have you smoked than to be spazzing out.

amplifyd's line looks fine, it's a fair assumption at microstakes that tight regs will shutdown on the turn with less than AK.

Hope it helps.