Hero ($24.68)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: J:spade:

UTG raises to $0.80, fold, Hero calls $0.80, SB calls $0.70, fold

FLOP ($2.60) J:heart: 4:spade: 8:spade:

SB checks, UTG bets $2, Hero calls $2, SB folds

TURN ($6.60) J:heart: 4:spade: 8:spade: 4:heart:

UTG bets $6, Hero raises to $12, UTG raises to $23.40 (AI), Hero folds

UTG wins $29.10

easy fold right? is the turn raise ok? just wanted to test him/push him a bit since he is super aggro when he's in a hand and i dont want him to get away with it always.
      tbh, it seemed like he was in protection mode right at the flop, so he probly had some overpair or at least AJ and i was beat (if i was in FR for sure. but SH, i wasnt as sure). well, some experiments dont work :f_confused:
      he did leave the table soon after...
  • 3 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

I he's aggro as you say, raising doesn't make much sense, unless he's REALLY aggro to the point of shoving AK, FD's or maybe even 99 or TT here. In that case raising is the nuts =) But we shouldn't raise with the intention of folding ever. I mean, we're getting 4:1 on a call here :D

However we shouldn't be raising at BECAUSE he's aggro. Against an aggressive player who's barreling a lot, the ideal plan is to call him down when we hit, right? He's gonna have a lot of air in his range and we don't wanna give him a chance to fold his air. By raising you allow him to fold his air and shove the hands that beat you. So calling down is the preferred plan ;-) (unless like I said, he's the kind of guy that's gonna shove his air on the turn)

Cheers
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      on second thought, i absolutely agreeeeeeee.
      well, lotta errors in this hand
      1. maybe i shouldnt have called UTG+1 raise with KJ
      2. seeing as how i've flopped good, maybe i should've stuck it out
      3. but since i was alrdy nervous, fr doubting my preflop play and being overly traumatized by nits in FR, i kinda lost my head on the turn. why am i even minraising... jeez. but in the end, i got too scared he would have set, overpair or at leeaast AJ. despite his super aggressiveness (100% cbet, AFQ 47%), he is still tight with pf stats 17/17, so he should have pretty decent hand to begin with... wonder if he would do this with AK...
    • Joenaes
      Joenaes
      Black
      I should fold preflop he is just 17/17 and opening utg. He had a lot of hands that dominate you AJ/KQ/AK so you will get in pretty marginal spots like this one. Although against a maniac its best to just call it down, really zero sense in raising.