$4.48
      CO:
      $4.84
      BU:
      $9.09
      SB:
      $5.43

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A, K.
      Hero raises to $0.15, 7 folds, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.32) 6, 2, A (2 players)
      BB bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.70, BB calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.72) Q (2 players)
      BB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

River: ($2.72) 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $2.72.

Results follow:

BB shows two pairs, aces and queens(Qd As).
      Hero shows a pair of aces(Ah Ks).

BB wins with two pairs, aces and queens(Qd As).

So, can't really decide if this was played right. Don't have any specific information about the villain, because he had played ~30 hands, but had about 40/15 (VPIP/PFR) and that's not enough to make any conclusions.

Preflop: my standart 3xBB raise from UTG, BB calls, can't say anything specific about his range yet.

Flop: Defended my TPTK against donkbet with solid re-raise. So now I had to figure out possible hands - either Ax or maybe some pocket pair he can't fold, but that's less likely, because it should be easy fold with lower pp and an ace against preflop raiser re-raise. Also I don't really believe he could call flop re-raise with flush draw, but who knows...

Turn: Seems blank, but again he bets, so I just decide to call, too strange to call, because if I re-raised flop why the hell he should be turn if I'm an aggressor there?

River: Blank. Was thinking about raising here, but then an idea about AQ run through my head and I decided to check back.

So, do I have wrong idea here? Should I re-raise turn or bet the river aswell? There weren't a lot of hands which could have beat me, just a set or ace with 625Q, but I believe he would have played set much more aggressive. Ofc as I had no idea about opp, he could have 62, 52, Q6 aswell, that's the "beauty" of NL5.

Another question - should it be easy fold if he shoves on the flop after my re-raise?

Thank you in advance. :)
  • 2 replies
    • Termis
      Termis
      Bronze
      Flop: I like it

Turn: weird shit. One of NL5 special plays that makes no sence. Usually these small bets mean for me "I got mid pair". I would also just call here to see what he's up to on the river.

River: I think he gives up the hand. He might have Ax weaker kicker. Also might have some two pair like A2 or A6(would make no sense turn bet unless he's trapping after your flop raise) and be scared of that Q making you AQ two pair. Since overthinking yourself is usually a bad thing I would just throw there 1$-1.5$

Answer: I would give up on flop shove unless I have a reason to think he's making a tilt move. Sometimes they just minbet/3bet shove you with almost air.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

40/15 stats are enough to tell you that he's likely not a tag and too loose for his own good, so you should err on the side of valuebetting when in doubt. Not an easy fold if he jams the flop but it's probably the safer way to go, it doesn't make much sense for villain either way, question is just whether he's given you reason to think he's spazzy enough to shove a worse hand or not.

As played villain very well could bet/call a flushdraw, it happens all the time, he could also bet/call a lot of worse Ax hands and play them like that on the turn too, which is why i'd actually raise the turn again for value instead of being scared of AQ, and valuebet the river as played too. It saved you money this time, but overall you're losing value against his range in my opinion.

Hope it helps.