This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 TPTK good/bad call?

• Termis
      Termis
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5.00
      BB:
      $4.52
      UTG2:
      $7.79
      Hero:
      $5.85

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:heart: , A:club:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.16, MP1 folds, Hero calls $0.16, 3 folds, SB calls $0.14, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.64) 2:club: , J:club: , 6:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.45, UTG2 folds, Hero calls $0.45, SB folds.

Turn: ($1.54) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.28, Hero raises to $1.15, BB raises to $3.91 (All-In), Hero calls $2.76.

River: ($9.36) 3:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $9.36
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

The way i see it, his small turn bet is either some weaker hand like Jx or clubs trying to see a river, or something strong he's suddenly getting tricky with. The only in-between hands i can think of would be draws that improved to combodraws on the turn, any two clubs with a gutshot or OESD to go with it.

I like your raise overall, looks like he's weak/drawing. When he 3bets if you think he'd take that line with his draws by all means call it off. If you think he's more the type to bet/call draws, i don't mind folding to the 3bet tho it looks a bit silly, it's still a lot more money to call off, enough that it's not worth it if his range very rarely includes worse hands.

Hope it helps.