Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.75
      BU:
      $6.26

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:heart: , J:diamond:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, CO folds, BU calls $0.16, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.38) 8:diamond: , 5:diamond: , Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.27, BU raises to $0.54, Hero calls $0.27.

Turn: ($1.46) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.04, BU calls $1.04.

River: ($3.54) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.52, BU calls $2.52.

Final Pot: $8.58

I thought villain was trying to make a move here. If it were not for T diamonds I probably whoulc check/call or check/fold depending on bet size. Also how to play river if it were not a J?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd rather check the turn to him again, if he pots that turn we're toast anyway, he won't bet pot with a Q so we can cautiously call and try to hit a 4th diamond on the river.

When you donk out it's very hard for him to have a worse hand to begin with, so you're just like, blockbetting huge to hit your flush that might not be good, when it's very likely that villain would have either checked behind or bet smaller himself with hands that you hope to improve against. Just try and decide whether you're actually bluffing or valuebetting in that spot, because really it looks like you're doing neither.

River is okay, tho it's very possible he has a flush or can fold a Q on that board, so wouldn't mind making it even cheaper like $2.

Hope it helps.