$5.01
      SB (Hero):
      $5.02
      BB:
      $6.77
      MP2:
      $3.65

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      MP2 calls $0.05, MP3 raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.18, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.65) A, 7, 7 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($0.65) J (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $1.20, Hero raises to $4.25, MP3 raises to $4.80, Hero calls $0.55.

River: ($10.25) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.25.
      Results follow:

MP3 shows a full-house, jacks full of sevens(J J).
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and sevens(A K).

MP3 wins with a full-house, jacks full of sevens(J J).

Preflop: don't see reason to raise here.

Flop: Checked to re-raise preflop raisers cbet which didn't come.

Turn: Seems like blank card, so didn't wait and fired and got raised, but after little thinking I put him on QQ, KK or something like that and shoved.

Did I overplay my hand?
  • 3 replies
    • Termis
      Termis
      Bronze
      Flop: I would lead the bet on the flop. There are already 2 spades and flushdraw won't pay you off unless it's very aggresive player

Turn: I would just call minraise. Often enough at nl5 they minraise nuts and after checked flop it means he's not intending to protect too much.

River: Just check call against the unknown. If he just called turn, then bet for value.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Was thinking of raising flop, but he probably had solid cbet ratio (forgot to check it out when posting), so I avoided betting myself. Now I'm regretting that. :) Will try to avoid such a situations in future.
      On the turn I couldn't figure out what hand could he hold to make such a move, but calling turn and c/c river if he doesn't shove instantly could save me money and be more proper way to go.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

3bet it preflop unless he's really tight, he doesn't need a good hand to raise over a limper from that position.

On the flop i'm check/calling to pick up the c-bet, bluffs will fold to a donkbet and all made hands that will continue on that flop are good enough for people to bet with them most of the time, except maybe stuff like 88-KK that might behind, but they'll pay off a bet on later streets anyway.

Turn i'm just calling on the offchance he's insane, because unless he's nuts we don't beat anything he's doing that with, he probably is just being tricky and checked back the flop with something really strong, or he binked JJ.

Hope it helps.