[NL2-NL10] NL5 TP J10s

• Termis
      Known players:

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:diamond: , T:diamond:
      UTG2 calls $0.04, MP1 calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, 3 folds, UTG2 calls $0.20, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($0.58) 3:club: , T:club: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28.

Turn: ($1.14) 5:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.54, Hero calls $0.54.

River: ($2.22) 9:club: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $1.05, Hero calls $1.05.

Final Pot: $4.32

I'm really lost here, what should I do?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Probably because it's incredibly dicey.

With a better T just raise the flop for value against that aggro fish and likely go broke. With JT we're not thrilled if we get 3bet against a player who could very well 3bet with worse , so i don't mind just calling.

Turn is close too for the same reason, again it's borderline to value raise but it puts us into horrible spots against aggressive fish.

River card is pretty bad, it's not impossible for him to play a 9 that way, and it's very possible he has a flush now. Could also have had a better T to begin with. You have to put him about a quarter of the time on some kind of pure bluff or nonsensically played worse made hand like 3x/44-88 to profitably call. Again, gray area.

Don't sweat it too much, it's one of those spots where you need better reads to make a clear decision. Just focus on gathering them more efficiently and don't fear the grayish decisions in the meantime.

Hope it helps.