Hi everyone

• Hennung
      Hennung
      Bronze
      Hello, my name is Henning, 20 years old and from Norway. I found this site some time ago, but didn't really invest much time in it at first, mainly because I had a winning streak by that time. But just as many others I found myself loosing later on. But once again I really want to get good at this game! :)
      I guess my biggest leak (that I'm aware of) is bankroll management, but I also lack skills in other areas, just haven't discovered them yet :P
      Also I don't know what type of poker (Sng/cash/etc) I should start reading. I enjoy shorthanded ring games alot, but I think the same kind of psychology comes in play late in tourneys aswell. Any suggestions on what to read?
      Keep up the good work on this site. By the way, some friends of mine are still only 17 years old, is it possible to register, take the quiz and receive the starting capital? In advance, thank you! :)
  • 4 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Hello Henning,

First off, welcome to poker strategy :D

As for your friends as far as I know you have to be at least 18 to legally play poker, so I doubt very much they will get any starting capital until their birthday.

Also, as for where to start it really depends on you. I myself play cash and started on the SSS articles which provide you with a lot of good material for the fundamentals of poker and offer an easier to understand strategy (IMO) I would personally start there if you would like to play cash games.

You could always learn the basics of each strategy and then pick which one you enjoyed most.

Either way good luck and hope to see you around the forums more :)
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello Hennung,

Your friends will not be able to join PokerStrategy until they are 18+ years of age.

Welcome in the community. We are here to help you the improve your skills in order to build a bankroll. I can recommend several things:

1. Play according to the bankroll management. This is the most important point. I saw a lot of players going broke, because they didn't stick to it. ( for NL it's this one: BRM)
      2. Read all available articles.
      3. Stay active in the forum, which means: ask questions whenever you have some.
      4. Post in our hand analysis boards (Fixed-Limit / No-Limit / SNG)!
      5. Watch videos and visit coachings.

If you really do these things, you will be a winning player who climbs up the limits.

Best regards,
      -Steve
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Pfft always someone who thinks they know better ;) lol
    • Hennung
      Hennung
      Bronze
      It always is ;) Thank you both for good guidelines, I will try my best!!