Tax or taxfree?

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      How is it for other countries than Sweden, do you have to pay tax for your pokerwinnings? I only know that if youre swedish sites that is based within EU is taxfree, so hows it for other countries?

And Im wanting to try titan but its not taxfree for me, hmmmm.
  • 7 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      In germany poker is defined as gambling and so we don't have to pay taxes.

Can you pay taxes legally in sweden?
    • Pacer357
      Pacer357
      Bronze
      It´s much of a gray area we should pay taxes for winnings but can´t deduct your losings which means that if a cashgame player should pay tax according to the rules he would pay around 25% tax for every pot won and can´t have anything back when you lose a pot. It would cost millions to play lowstakes year after year even for a player who kills the game. Even the tax company sees this and therefore people play everywhere and don´t pay taxes. Big tourneys is a bit different easier to see players actual winnings and therefore it´s under more control.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      #ciRith

Actually I dont exactly know how it works if youre going to pay taxes for the non EU sites, its a very interesting question though, and perhaps I will look into it more later on.

Yeah I suppose it is quite a big gray area here too.
    • Pacer357
      Pacer357
      Bronze
      And you can declare gambling winnings just like any income legally.

And to be a bit clearer im a swede
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Aaaah.. :P . You never know! ^^
    • logitechzen
      logitechzen
      Bronze
      I know that for cash games you dont have to pay any taxes in Estonia, its considered as just a way of entertainment.Tournament fees are also not that big, so people from Sweden and Finland often come here to hold their tournaments.
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      In denmark I guess it's more or less the same as in sweden.. We have to pay taxes if we play on sites registrered outside of EU - We can pay it legally here, but I don't think they will check up on it unless you withdraw a relatively large amount of cash.. In these cases it's messed up: You have to prove you are inocent (prove that the cash is won on a tax free site), and you are guilty until else is proven :rolleyes: