Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.57)
      Hero ($23.63)
      UTG ($18.44)
      CO ($5)
      BTN ($13)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:heart:

UTG raises to $0.80, CO calls $0.60, BTN raises to $2.80, fold, Hero calls $2.60, fold, CO calls $2

FLOP ($9.30) K:spade: T:heart: J:spade:

Hero bets $20.83 (AI), CO calls $2.20 (AI), BTN calls $10.20 (AI)

TURN ($31.90) K:spade: T:heart: J:spade: 7:diamond:

RIVER ($31.90) K:spade: T:heart: J:spade: 7:diamond: Q:diamond:

ok, my thoughts... preflop im not about to fold my QQ, they'r both loose enough that i think im ahead of their range. i flat called the squeeze, hoping CO fish would think to push but no such luck.
      i flop an OESD and my thoughts are
      - do i want to fold to flop bet? they are certainly aggro enough to fire barrels and i think continuing would commit them anyways. (i was deep here) i decided i didnt want to fold to cbet, even against AK i still have decent equity. so i decided to shove here for max fold equity. am i making any sense? :f_confused:
  • 3 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey there miss =)

First of all, let's examine pre-flop action: you say CO and BU are both fish. Indeed that's what it looks like. Neither of them has got a full stack and their stats look fishy. Considering that, I don't like flatting at all because they're paying you off with a bunch of hands pre-flop, but not with so many post flop. I mean, they might stack off with 99+, AQ+ or maybe even looser. By flatting, you allow them to see a flop with AQ and just fold when they don't hit the A or Q (and we know they're gonna be flopping an A a lot more than a Q here, =)
      Or if they have TT and flop comes AK2. Suddenly they're not so happy about stacking off anymore. So just cold 4bet and get the money in! :tongue:

As played: you said "even against AK I still have decent equity" But won't AK be on the bottom part of his range? There's AQ, KK, AA, JJ, TT...

I only like shoving if I know BTN is gonna have a very wide range here, such as KQ, KT, QJ, AJ, AT, etc, because I think he could easily call a J and maybe even something like AT thinking he has enough equity. Otherwise, I'd rather c/f, because against a strong value 3betting range, our equity is really really bad.

Cheers!
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      thanks caltabiano, so ur a hand judge now... :s_cool: (or probly have been for a long time and i just didnt know)
      yeah, deffo i shouldv 4bet preflop esp against these 2.
      altho tbh i didnt even think they would be holding JJ or TT. and altho i was behind Kx hands on flop, i think i still had some reasonable equity.
      ofc AQ and Q9 would have me crushed. altho this is a bit less likely since i had 2 Q's already. hmm.
      i dont think i know BU well enough to tell if he has strong 3betting range. maybe i gave him too little credit bec of the fishiness of the stats...
    • Joenaes
      Joenaes
      Black
      Just get it in preflop, you are (way) ahead of their ranges and they arent fullstacked which means you are committed on almost any flop.

Save yourself from hard decisions and ship it pre :s_cool:

Edit: As played I would c/shove flop giving him an opportunity to bluff at this pot. He might fold his 27o or whatever to your push :) . You isolate yourself against a good range. Also no way that I fold here, your equity is just too good.