Let's Party - Breakeven is not enough

• Partychris
      Hi Everybody,

my Name is Chris, I am 28 years young and today I decided to start a new poker blog at the english community, once I got one at german site, too but for some reason I stopped blogging bcs. input wasnt that good, maybe its because there are too many blogs in total or my blog was boring like hell :D . I also have problems with distraction bcs. there are so many threads some funny others or useless but for some reason I spend my time on. So when I spend more time on the eng. community I perhaps can try to improve my game in a faster way. Who knew maybe I post my hand in future here at the
      sample hand threads.

Me on Poker

started arround mid of 2007 with my 50USD and tried several days with SSS but this totally sucks and was so embarrassing that I decided to start BSS at NL10,
      4 weeks later I was broke before clearing the additional 100 USD. That was hard coming down to earth :D . So I decided to play some freerolls more to rebuild my BR for clearing the bonus at all, no soon said than done, two weeks later I got my bonus and everything was fine, so from this point I made my way through limits and playing now NL50SH still at Partypoker like from beginning.

My only problem at all since NL25 I am a winning player but very marginal.

So I decided to take a coach who can help me out to find my way climbing limits higher. Result was like expected he said I was playing like lot of his pupils e.g I play but I dont have always a clue why playing in several spots like I played. Result of watching to many vids and not asking myself why is this good or bad in certain spots. He insist of quesion myself as often as possible to do like this to improve my game. So I am trying every session stop playig auto pilot poker, to find my good spots making money. :D

So with this blog I will try to stay focuss on the game and my sessions played.
      Posting some tough spots or my ideas on a hand when I play against certain player styles.

Stats will be include also session for session as I have some trouble with some of them (especially CB amount), so I have a better overview day on day.

.. enough for today, hope you don't blame me for my english it's not perfect a f_p: and looking forward to the next weeks here at the community.

Greets Chris & GL at the tables
  • 1 reply
    • Partychris
      so here we go first update

1535 Hands/ - 11,8 bb/100 /Vpip 21,2/ Pfr 17,3/ 3Bet 3,7/ WTS 23,5%/
      WON@SD 52,5%/ Flop CB 63,2% / Flop CB success 48,6%

Although lost some BB Session was fine anyway lot of VPIP monsters from the morning joined tables at the evening, good to see that my buddy list enlarges about 1-2 players day by day, should keep us confident that lot players keep on spending money into the system for our profit :D

Big looser of session

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand abspielen

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, Q.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, SB folds, BB raises to $4.50, Hero calls $3.00.

Flop: ($9.25) 4, 5, 3 (2 players)
      BB bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50.

Turn: ($22.25) Q (2 players)
      BB bets $13.50, Hero raises to $38.75(All-In), BB calls $25.25.

River: ($99.75) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $99.75.

BB was very aggressive with 18% 3bet out of BB, stats so far 34/20, option one was 4 betting him but when I got position I like the call to leave worser handranges in, flop comes no hit, his CB in was about 87% in 3bet pots so I supose he will fire a lot barrels with a wide range, so I decided to call flop and see what the turn brings, now we got TPTK against him whats pretty good, as he bet now like he has some kind of draw, I decided to push my TPTK, I think with his stats he will also call worse hands like flushdraws, oesd or worser TP

another interesting hand was this one

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand abspielen

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, A.
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BU calls $1.50, SB folds, BB raises to $6.50, Hero calls $5.00, BU calls $5.00.

Flop: ($19.75) J, A, 9 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU bets $14.00, BB folds, Hero raises to $46.35(All-In), BU calls $29.50(All-In).

Turn: ($109.6) 8 (2 players)

River: ($109.6) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $109.6.
      Results follow:

BB was very tight 3bet of 3%, so again I like the call in position, then on flop I hit TPTK with Nutflushdraw, as PFA is checking I think he is done with his hand on this drawy flop, he woul normally bet if he sth. strong, so my plan c/r ai as button was kind of aggressive in when he see weakness, as supposed he bets, I gave him range like this

Spieler 1: 68.376 % 66.534 % 3.684 % 29.782 % AsKs
      Spieler 2: 31.624 % 29.782 % 3.684 % 66.534 % JJ, 99, AJs+, QTs, AQo-AJo, QTo

so I thinnk my move is +Ev in this spot

So if you want to blame me for these hands, or got any suggestions, pls. dont hesitate :D

So enough for the moment, will join tables now

Cheers Chris