This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 ATs flop 2pair

• Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $5.92
      MP1:
      $5.43
      MP2:
      $5.40
      MP3:
      $5.07
      CO:
      $1.15
      BU:
      $5.00
      SB:
      $5.00
      BB:
      $5.00
      UTG1 (Hero):
      $9.95

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with T, A.
      Hero raises to $0.15, UTG2 raises to $0.25, 7 folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.57) A, 7, T (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0.25, Hero raises to $0.75, UTG2 calls $0.50.

Turn: ($2.07) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, UTG2 raises to $4.92(All-In), Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.07.

opp stats: 38/18/2 (VPIP/PFR/3BET)

My stats at this table were so tight, that I decided to open raise with ATs. Ofc situation after BB 3bet isn't really nice as I'm oop and not really with monster hand.

Flop: Nice 2 pair catch and defense from me.

Turn: Bet from me could be a bit smallish, but J definetly doesn't help me and with such a bet it should be enough to decide which path to take. Couldn't call shove, because there were too many hands that beat me - AJ, QK, still some backdoor flushes and what else.
      Preflop raise didn't really mean much from such a opp, but with that flop/turn he could catch almost everything.

Your opinions? :)
  • 2 replies
    • Termis
      Termis
      Bronze
      Flop: seems ok to me.
      Turn: I would just bet more for value, like 1.5$. After such raise really hard to put him on anything less than 2pair so i think fold is a good move here
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Be careful not to overthink about your table image at nl5 fr, 99% of the players don't care about it, at least they don't care enough to adjust in a way that really benefits you.

I'd raise a tad bigger on the flop but no big deal, and as played bet around $1.5 on that turn planning to fold to a shove barring a read. When you bet half pot on the turn there is no telling what you induced from a bad player, he could just decide to ship his AQ or clubdraw in there just because you look weak.

Hope it helps.