$22.85
      BU:
      $9.85
      SB:
      $10.00
      BB (Hero):
      $9.95

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, A.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.60, UTG2 calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, SB folds.

Flop: ($1.9) 3, A, T (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, UTG2 calls $1.00, CO raises to $2.00, Hero raises to $6.00, UTG2 calls $5.00, CO calls $4.00.

Turn: ($19.9) T (3 players)
      Hero bets $3.35, UTG2 calls $3.35, CO calls $3.35.

River: ($29.95) Q (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $2.00, CO calls $2.00.

Final Pot: $33.95.
      Results follow:

Well, the stats on UTG2 were 40/0 after like 60 hands and he often showed down things like 6Js and weak holdings like that. Now on the other hand CO is a pretty solid player over 600 hands with stats around 12/9 so the only one I was worried about was him.

I probably should have raised larger preflop and jamed it in after the reraise, because I could put him on a flushdraw or something along those lines. I didn't even try to understand what UTG+2 was holding, so yeah.
  • 2 replies
    • Renmerb
      Renmerb
      Bronze
      AQo in the blinds, 4xbb +1 per limp +1 OOP. Otherwise don't think preflop bet was too bad, but I would have gone to $0.80 as it is a horrible hand to play OOP.

On flop I would have bet bigger, more like a pot size bet. Your playing against a fish who will call you, so you need to get value for your TPGK. And you want the CO to fold out his draws and 2nd pair type hands, although he may call with a good draw if the fish calls.

I think if you are going to re-raise after the CO min raises you have to just shove. The raise to $6 gives the CO 3:1 even if the fish doesn't call, when he does he gets over 4:1. And neither these players are going to fold to the additional $3.35 on the turn.

I hate the min-raise on flop from the CO, hard to tell what this means without more stats or actually playing with him. I can't think of a hand where a min raise looks like a good idea, all made hands have to protect against the flush, especially with the fish involved.

Just my opinion, but I hope its useful.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Renmerb
      AQo in the blinds, 4xbb +1 per limp +1 OOP. Otherwise don't think preflop bet was too bad, but I would have gone to $0.80 as it is a horrible hand to play OOP.

On flop I would have bet bigger, more like a pot size bet. Your playing against a fish who will call you, so you need to get value for your TPGK. And you want the CO to fold out his draws and 2nd pair type hands, although he may call with a good draw if the fish calls.

I think if you are going to re-raise after the CO min raises you have to just shove. The raise to $6 gives the CO 3:1 even if the fish doesn't call, when he does he gets over 4:1. And neither these players are going to fold to the additional $3.35 on the turn.

I hate the min-raise on flop from the CO, hard to tell what this means without more stats or actually playing with him. I can't think of a hand where a min raise looks like a good idea, all made hands have to protect against the flush, especially with the fish involved.

Just my opinion, but I hope its useful.
      I agree overall. CO's minraise is horrible because a decent 12/9 player shouldn't be raising a worse hand into pfa+fish in that spot too often, and yet, the fact that he only minraised tells us he's not good at all.

I'd still go broke by jamming considering the dead money out there and the fact that both the fish and CO could call it off with worse, but i'm not thrilled about it given his tight stats. Make a note on CO's minraise whatever happens.

Hope it helps.