This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5 SH QQ

• amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $3.84
      MP2:
      $5.00
      MP3 (Hero):
      $5.00
      CO:
      $6.09
      BU:
      $6.62
      SB:
      $11.03

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, Q.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, CO calls $0.20, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.60, CO calls $0.60.

Flop: ($2.42) 3, J, T (3 players)
      BB bets $0.75, Hero raises to $2.00, CO raises to $5.29(All-In), BB calls $2.29, Hero calls $2.20(All-In).

Turn: ($14.95) 4 (3 players)

River: ($14.95) A (3 players)

Final Pot: $14.95.
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Shitty spot but i doubt you can do anything differently without reads once you get there. NH.

Hope it helps.
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Thanks for replying. I considered 4-bet shoving preflop but then I thought I would lose value and by calling I have position on BB and CO is probably calling with speculative hands so he is not tooo much worry.

So what's better preflop really - and could you explain why?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Assuming he's a fish from his stack size, the looser BB is, the better 4-betting and calling it off will be. He will have wider 3bet/folding and 3bet/shoving ranges, allowing you to felt QQ knowing it's a profitable move. However if BB is usually rather tight, he will rarely 3bet/fold and you'll be a dog or flipping when he doesn't fold to you 4bet, which means taking your chances seeing a flop in position is usually the safe move.

As for CO really, if you know he's pretty straightforward it's fine, otherwise you'll be sandwiched between two players, which is usually a bad spot to get yourself into with a vulnerable hand like QQ when they're not easily predictable, so that would make me lean more towards a 4bet.

Hope it helps.