[NL2-NL10] NL 10 BSS lucky preflop call

• panterek
      panterek
      Bronze
      Hi, I was playing BSS but I am not able to post in BSS thread, so please either move it there or do what you consider the best :)

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7:diamond: , 8:club:
      Hero calls $0,10, UTG+1 calls $0,10, UTG+2 raises to $0,50, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,50, 4 folds, BB calls $0,40, Hero calls $0,40, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: ($2,15) 6:diamond: , 9:heart: , T:heart: (4 players)
      BB bets $1, Hero raises to $3,00, 2 folds, BB raises to $6,38 (All-In), Hero calls $3,38.

Turn: ($14,91) 4:diamond:
      River: ($14,91) 2:diamond:

Final Pot: $14,91

This is the history for this hand, before you scream at me for calling 78o at UTG - I love playing such hands, especially if there is a raise and more than one call. Why? Obviously there is more than one player with a Ax or something like this, which increases odds for catching a quality hand myself (I hope you know what I want to say :) ). This hand it worked perfectly, but the disaster was close as BB had a flush draw. How do you see my raise on a flop? Was it too small? How would you act in this situation? All coments will be appreciated. BB had :heart: QJ

Update: just right now I won another again with same hand, this time it was about 17$

Here it is:

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:club: , 7:heart:
      UTG+1 calls $0,10, 3 folds, MP3 raises to $0,50, CO calls $0,50, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,40, UTG+1 calls $0,40.

Flop: ($2,05) 9:diamond: , 5:heart: , 6:diamond: (4 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $1,10, MP3 folds, CO raises to $3,87 (All-In), Hero raises to $6,64, UTG+1 raises to $6,28 (All-In).

Turn: ($18,84) T:club:
      River: ($18,84) 6:club:

Final Pot: $18,84
  • 2 replies
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Playing these hands out of position and in big pots is a mistake. Not a big mistake, but if you do it systematically you will lose a lot of money by playing them over time.

Nothing to say about the postflop play (well, regarding the raise in hand 1... yes, it was too small), you flopped the nuts and got paid. Do not confuse this with your choice to play your 87o being correct or not! You got lucky, that's all. The absolutely correct decision for most hands when out of position is to fold, you do not make your money out of position. In position it is arguable but these still would not have been good spots to play your hands.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi panterek!

As howard182 already mentioned: Don't play these hands - especially when you are out of position. Winning two big pots with 78o out of position is just pure luck. Don't reason that this is a winning hand. You will lose money with this hand in the long run.
      Concerning your question in Hand 1: Yes, you should raise more here (~$5).

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81