Hero ($10)
      UTG+1 ($9.25)
      UTG+2 ($20.04)
      MP1 ($85.84)
      MP2 ($16.14)
      CO ($7.21)
      BTN ($50)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: A:spade:

Hero raises to $2, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $7.21 (AI), fold, SB raises to $9.50 (AI), fold,

Hero ?????

My call/fold move here should be based purely on equity. Since there is no more flop play and we won't ever be outplayed.

They should know i play a bigger range than standard SSS.

1. First if we assume both of them are standard shortstacks, and play correctly. Can i put them on a range of TT+,AK+?
      - I would have less than 20% equity against that range. So easy fold.

2. What if CO is a fish that is tilting, how does that change things? He will push with any pocket pair, any two broadway. And SB is still a good player who obv knows this.
      - Does this make it a great squeeze spot for SB? So can we then call his squeeze?

3. Assuming two standard shortstacks again, what hands will you continue playing?
      - AK+,TT+ as well i guess??
  • 1 reply
    • burek2000
      Hey elhh82,

even if you have wider range in UTG I make an easy muck with AQ against a push and 4-bet push over the top.

1. Easy fold indeed and their range will be AK/JJ+(TT)

2. In that case I would go broke, since you would be ahead of fish's range and also SB will have much looser range as he wouldn't need so strong range to get the needed equity. On the side note, if this happened SB couldn't squeeze, but would have to value push, because you can only squeeze when you have a openraiser and a caller, not a raiser and 3-better.

3. If they were both standard shortstackers and played here AK/JJ+ first one and KK+ second one I think you should stick to KK+. I don't have the equilator atm because of my computer problems, but you can give those ranges to opponents in equilator and see what hands have 29.3% equity against them. 29.3% equity is the amount you need.