opabumbi Climbing the Stakes Pt I feedback

• Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      I know this is probably more correctly placed in the Coaching, Video etc feedback thread, but I wanted to make sure it didn't get missed in amongst all that NL noise!

I have a question about one point from opabumbi's excellent "Climbing the Stakes" Part I vid with respect to flop play HU in a free play situation. The vid link is here - it's the second of the example hands he plays at around 35mins.

In the example, unknown BU open limps, SB folds, Hero in BB checks with K:spade: 2:club: .

The flop comes Q:spade: 4:spade: 2:diamond: and Hero checks for bluff induce.

My question is, if I'd missed here I would bluff bet out on the flop to try to get a fold - using the theory that it only needs to work one in three times to be profitable. So is the lesson here that with showdown value we play an unbalanced bluff induce line v someone capable of open limping on the button?

Would we play the same line with an Ax hand too weak to raise pre flop? ie A8o-A5o, A3

And if we play unbalanced, I guess we continue to play unbalanced until we see villians adjusting to us?
  • 7 replies
    • Dawnfall26
      Dawnfall26
      Black
      Hi!

You have 0 FE on this flop since he will not fold 1 better hand here. Since the pot is small protection is not relavant and bluff induction becomes the best.Also when you bet you cant fold to a raise with 5 outs+BDFD and chance that he is bluffing.

And I think playing c/c here is balanced since you will often play c/f or against some players even c/r
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      I don't think balancing matters much against someone capable of open limping the button.
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DarthBobo
      I don't think balancing matters much against someone capable of open limping the button.
      :heart:
    • opabumbi
      opabumbi
      Black
      Originally posted by DarthBobo
      good point my friend, good point...
    • adevesa
      adevesa
      Bronze
      And how do you play in the turn if your flop raise gets called ?
    • joehahaha
      joehahaha
      Bronze
      Originally posted by adevesa
      And how do you play in the turn if your flop raise gets called ?
      Most of the time you won't improve and there will be an additional overcard on the boardon the turn.

I would play it depending on the stats, like the AF. Most of the time you will face a c-bet on the turn.

Agaisn't high AF = Calldown, you win vs K-high and A-high (unless a K or A comes)
      High AF & Poor WTSD = check/raise any turn, and rebet on the river.

Agaisn't low AF = Check/Fold if you don't improve
      low AF & poor WTSD = check/fold if you don't improve

is that correct?
    • adevesa
      adevesa
      Bronze
      It seems correct but may be you can bet/fold against a low AF & poor WTSD...