opabumbi Climbing the Stakes Pt I

• Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Awesomest PS.com FL strategy video ever!

Insta answered a couple of plays I was unsure about, addressed the reason for not playing more LAGy (which had been bugging me tbh) and an all round awesome low stakes primer.

:heart: it!

Moooooaaaarrrr series just like it please!
  • 15 replies
    • opabumbi
      opabumbi
      Black
      thank you very much :)

i am planning on making a new series (though im not sure which stakes). I hope you will like this as well
    • IcMean
      IcMean
      Bronze
      Any fullring 1/2ish stakes? :P

Or convince me why I should play SH :P Ive been watching the vids just for information but im still not sure whether to play SH or FR?
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opabumbi

i am planning on making a new series (though im not sure which stakes). I hope you will like this as well
      Great news!

I have one request, if it is possible to incorporate it. Instead of live hands or session reviews, is it possible to have multiple specific examples of hands in a replayer? For instance play a couple of sessions (or ask for examples from other players sessions) and extract the hands relevant to the theory being discussed? I know this was included in Part I of the series, but I found that Part II, whilst still excellent, suffered a little for being a live play session.

And obviously I'm gonna have to play tracked far more so I can watch Parts III and IV! :f_cool:
    • opabumbi
      opabumbi
      Black
      Originally posted by IcMean

Or convince me why I should play SH :P Ive been watching the vids just for information but im still not sure whether to play SH or FR?
      most likely not

i havent play any fullring for at least one year, probably more. so im not the right coach for FR action. i even consider 6-handed play as rather boring ;) i like hu and 3-4 handed action

and this is the reason why you should play SH.
      a) way more fun, way more action, way more battles
      b) way more fishes
    • opabumbi
      opabumbi
      Black
      Originally posted by Waiboy

Great news!

I have one request, if it is possible to incorporate it. Instead of live hands or session reviews, is it possible to have multiple specific examples of hands in a replayer? For instance play a couple of sessions (or ask for examples from other players sessions) and extract the hands relevant to the theory being discussed? I know this was included in Part I of the series, but I found that Part II, whilst still excellent, suffered a little for being a live play session.

And obviously I'm gonna have to play tracked far more so I can watch Parts III and IV! :f_cool:
      the climbing the stakes series was planned this way. 1 3 and 5 theoretical videos with handexamples 2 4 and 6 as pokervideos (life or SR)

A lowstakesvideo with hands with a particular topic is rahter unrealistic, because i would have to play thousands of hands on the microstakes which is just burning money.
      But i think it would be a great idea if some users have hands they want to have evaluated in a video...
      i would be willing to make videos like this, if you provide me with the necessary hands.
      so if you (or other players) are interested, let me know (add me in skype plz, if you dont have skype, contact me in the community modul)

hope to hear from you :)

martin
    • opabumbi
      opabumbi
      Black

skype me plz, i have an idea ;)
    • awkorama
      awkorama
      Bronze

Could you share results of your skype session, the reasons are interesting for me as well
    • opabumbi
      opabumbi
      Black
      Originally posted by awkorama

Could you share results of your skype session, the reasons are interesting for me as well
      if you're playing FR and are thinking about moving to SH, you can add me as well
      i have an idea for a new videoseries ;)
    • IcMean
      IcMean
      Bronze
      I just added a random guy from switzerland with skype name opabumbi, I hope thats you :D

Basically I already figured out that fullring sucks by now. So I'm interested in going to SH, actually even all the way to heads up. (I played HU yesterday and I looooooooove it, boosted my BR 25%, using fullring BRM tho :P )
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      (I played HU yesterday and I looooooooove it, boosted my BR 25%, using fullring BRM tho :P )
      Enjoy the cash, but don't play HU using FR BRM!!! Unless you like being busto ofc. :f_p:

Plus, take care of your site because as I understand it the rake is prohibitively high at anything below $5/$T.
    • IcMean
      IcMean
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      (I played HU yesterday and I looooooooove it, boosted my BR 25%, using fullring BRM tho :P )
      Enjoy the cash, but don't play HU using FR BRM!!! Unless you like being busto ofc. :f_p:

Plus, take care of your site because as I understand it the rake is prohibitively high at anything below $5/$T.
      Hehe, agree, I'll probably stick to FR/SH until im rolled for HU.
    • opabumbi
      opabumbi
      Black
      I just added a random guy from switzerland with skype name opabumbi, I hope thats you :D

Basically I already figured out that fullring sucks by now. So I'm interested in going to SH, actually even all the way to heads up. (I played HU yesterday and I looooooooove it, boosted my BR 25%, using fullring BRM tho :P )
      yeah thats me sry guys
      in the german forums my skypenick is in the signature, didnt realize its missing here

still waiting ;)
    • IcMean
      IcMean
      Bronze

yeah thats me sry guys
      in the german forums my skypenick is in the signature, didnt realize its missing here

still waiting ;)
      uh I contacted you yesterday, right? :P
    • opabumbi
      opabumbi
      Black
      yes you did, but i need moooooore :)
    • IcMean
      IcMean
      Bronze
      Haha ok I almost thought I was having imaginary skype conversations :P

If you want I can ask some people in the dutch community.