Playing about 1000 sngs, and negative

• Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze

This is all the $7,70 $12 180 Man turbo and $11 $22 180man non-turbo that i played.

Im still playing those because i have like 300 bi for these, and because i think my game is pretty good, and there a regulars who are huge winners that have some 2k breakeven games. But hell, this graphic is going only down :s_cry:
  • 18 replies
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      playing these games won't help your pokergame, your bankroll or anything else, but it will consume your time and soul. have fun
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      playing these games won't help your pokergame, your bankroll or anything else, but it will consume your time and soul. have fun

what? :f_o:
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      just my opinion on 12$ 180 person sngs
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      just my opinion on 12$ 180 person sngs
      why? have you played them?

there are some regulars that make a nice income on this sngs
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      yes i've played them and noone makes a good income on them compared to if you work on your game and play hu or sh cashgames
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Well this seems to be the perfect place for me to ask some questions about my horrible results.
      Story goes like this:
      on iPoker: 1521games, average roi 15%, average buy-in 6.87$
      156 22$ BI games, average roi 17%

All these games are 9 or 10 man non-turbos.

on Party: 279 games, av stake 20$, av roi 3% check this sick graph:

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=teyqwztmywm

on Pokerstars: 323 games, average profit -2.61$ ( i guess average roi is a little smaller then -10%),av stake 22$.

Besides this i really feel at Stars i've had the worst bad luck i've ever seen.

So any advice/ideas?
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      I do think this games are worth a try. If you can get a 30% ROI you get $4/game. You cant get this money in any sng up to $27.

But the variance sucks so bad. I think my game still aint optimal for these tournies, so i will only play these when i study hard the dynamic of the game.

Originally posted by andreibalint
      Well this seems to be the perfect place for me to ask some questions about my horrible results.
      Story goes like this:
      on iPoker: 1521games, average roi 15%, average buy-in 6.87$
      156 22$ BI games, average roi 17%

All these games are 9 or 10 man non-turbos.

on Party: 279 games, av stake 20$, av roi 3% check this sick graph:

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=teyqwztmywm

on Pokerstars: 323 games, average profit -2.61$ ( i guess average roi is a little smaller then -10%),av stake 22$.

Besides this i really feel at Stars i've had the worst bad luck i've ever seen.

So any advice/ideas?
      Party could be a problem of sample size or you are paying more rake. On stars it could be due to the sample size and more sharks over there.

All in all, sample size is too short to make good assumptions. Just need to play more. It looks you are on the right way.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Thanks. About the 12$ 180 man debate i would (and plan to do) play 9man regular sng's up to 30$ and don't jump higher (it's really infested with regulars).

After a decent samplesize of crushing the 30$'s i would try to go somewhere else where i have better chances to expand, the first target being MTT's.

In other words i would play a higher variance game if it makes me more money then what i do (in this reasoning SSS is really really bad while something like PLO or PLO8 HU is good).
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      yes i've played them and noone makes a good income on them compared to if you work on your game and play hu or sh cashgames

not mine obviously
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      It is so SICK :(
    • ChoChikun
      ChoChikun
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh

not mine obviously
      Avg. Buy In, ROI?
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      $12 52%
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      Looking at the whole graph, hell yeah, this is a nice graph.

But even with a great ROI, this guy has spent several 2k games stretch breakeven. That really sucks, because thats what i play for a month. So it sucks spent a month with no profit at all.
    • ChoChikun
      ChoChikun
      Bronze
      Can someone read from PT/HEM what is his average playing time for 180 mans?
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alverine
      Looking at the whole graph, hell yeah, this is a nice graph.

But even with a great ROI, this guy has spent several 2k games stretch breakeven. That really sucks, because thats what i play for a month. So it sucks spent a month with no profit at all.
      yes, with zoom you can see all the swings . 2k swings in there and all that stuff (obv with $36s in there but the real traffic is always at the $12s)

and the guy is a supernova elite so being breakeven shouldn't be that awful :f_biggrin:

I guess 800 is not a sample size , I've played 400 in them winning a lot first and losing a ton now. at least 2k to have an idea would be my guess but probably you need even more
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze

How hard are cash games to beat for 20$+/hour, as compared to sng's? I'm talking about how much you need to study. Basically every low-stakes sng/mtt (maybe not 9man turbo) is full of idiots and you should be able to make the 20$/hour.

Please make an effort to write more then your average 5 words/post. Ty.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      sick bump
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh

not mine obviously
      he has his downswings too

*points to just after 12500 *

to OP : maybe you can skip turbos ? while they are faster , they are higher variance