About cash out

• rafayel66
      rafayel66
      Bronze
      First of all I'm sorry for my poor english..

I began playing Poker in februry 2007 with the 50$ offer from PokerStrategy and tonight, my BR has reached about 1,2k$.. But unfortunatly, I had to cash out around 600$ for personnals reasons and now I'm playing with ~700$ in NL20 on Titan instead of NL50 X( .

The reason of this thread is to know if someone get any similar experience? Like it's notified here http://www.pokerstrategy.org.uk/news/content/990/, early cash out suxx in poker career :O .

Is anybody here who could share any similar experience?
  • 9 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi rafayel66!

First of all: Congratulations for reaching the $1,2k! That's a big success! If you had to cash out for personal reasons it's not a bad thing. Of course it costs you more time to reach the highest limits, but if it was necessary it's fine. Just stay as patient as before and climb the limits like it is recommended in our bankroll management articles. Don't play on a limit you don't have the necessary bankroll for!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Ohmu
      Ohmu
      Bronze
      Dude, that's really nice BR you've managed to acquire!
      I've been playing on and off since January and still stuck at $0.25/$0.50 (FL) tables, and the next limit seems to be very far! (As soon as I get close to a new limit, I get a massive downswing, not that I'm complaining, it's just poker)

Have you ever had a downswing? Or what's the recepie behind your success?

And yes, I must agree with Puschkin81, follow the PokerStrategy BR management and everything it has taught you and you should be fine.. and should be back on your feet quite soon (as you have already, at least in my eyes, moved up those limits at the speed of light)
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Today I made my first cashout... Not a big one, so I have ~200$ left. I know, a mistake, but personal reasons here too ;)

ATM I'm on 0.25/.5 FL. I have reached 300$ mark three times already, but when I move up to .5/1 FL I always lose money fast, so I have to get back to lower limit.
      On .25/.5 I'm winning person. For example... in this week I made ~140$ in 6800 hands but when I go to higher limit I lose 50 or even 100BB in a day or two... I'm not really comfortable trying .5/1 limit anymore

Are players on .5/1 really that better than on .25/.5 or what?
      Last week I tried this... two tables .5/1 and two tables .25/.5. I lost like 25$ on those .5/1 and made more then 25$ on .25/.5 :P
      Don't know whats the problem...
    • rafayel66
      rafayel66
      Bronze
      Puschkin81, I've never played on a limit where I should not play and I'll never do that 'cause I know that, on a limit where we dont have to be, a downswing can be the key of a broke :tongue:

Ohmu, of course I already had a downswing, even several.. Withtout, I would have a $3k now :rolleyes: . I really dont think that I've climbed limits quickly because I've never managed to make any good result in MTT that should allows my BR to make a great improvment..

CoreySteel, hehe nice to see that I'm not the only one who's scared of moving on a higher limit :tongue:

Thx all for your comments!
    • syfher
      syfher
      Bronze
      What is the lowest amount of cash you can withdraw (I'm not even thinking of redrawing it yet since i've only won 25$ for now lol) But if I ever need to witdraw, can you also collect the 50$ earned from the quiz? And what requirements do you have?
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      @syfher:
      i guess you are still playing at partypoker so it looks like this:
      the minimum withdraw via neteller or moneybookers is 10$.
      but before you can do that you will have to make a deposit from the same moneybookers/neteller account (i´m not too sure about neteller) which kinda sucks.
      with moneybookers the minimum deposit is 20$ afair.

and i think you will have to clear the 100$ bonus before you can cash out something. but again i´m not sure here. i think puschkin will tell you in a view minutes :D

@coreysteel:
      err no ;)
      of course they are a little bit better but i think if you read and understood the articles, visit some coachings and post your hands it will be ABSOLUTELY no problem to beat .5/1. this limit is just full with really bad players.

@rafayel66:
      of course its not great when you have to move down in limits due to a cashout but there is nothing you can do when you just need that money (ok you could work but that sucks even more :D ).
      furthermore i think its not too bad to cash out some of your winnings just to see that your efforts have been rewarded.

and yes i had a similar experience (btw: no you are not the only one who is scared by moving up to a higher limit :D ):
      when my bankroll reached 2000$ (according to brm you can play 2/4 sh with that so i was ready to move up) for the first time my tv exploded and i had to buy a new one. so i cashed out about 750€ which wasn´t too great :D . but it was just necessary.
      and like i mentioned above: my motivation has increased since i bought that tv and everytime i look at it i feel like i have achieved something :)
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      If you have ... you can withdraw ...

Moneybookers - 10$ (no fee)
      Neteller - 10$ (no fee)
      Bank transfer - 10$ (+10$ fee)
      Check by mail - 50$ (+5$ fee)
      Check by fedex - 100$ (+30$ fee)
      Credit card - 10$ (+2.5$ fee)
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl

@coreysteel:
      err no ;)
      of course they are a little bit better but i think if you read and understood the articles, visit some coachings and post your hands it will be ABSOLUTELY no problem to beat .5/1. this limit is just full with really bad players.
      I have no problem playing on .25/.50. I really don't know why I can't break this .5/1 limit. Maybe it's just cursed or something :)
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      maybe you had just a bad run when you tried it :D