This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Where is the raisebutton?

• Einsteinbrain
      Einsteinbrain
      Bronze
      I was playing a sng on partypoker when i encountered the next situation

I player in front of me limped,

I raised him

A player behind me pushed all-in

The limper called the push and still had some chips left

I also had more chips than the pusher so i wanted to raise again to get all the chips in the middle preflop.

But..

There was no raisebutton, i could only call (or fold).

So i after he checked the flop, i pushed and he folded. But that's not the important part.

Am i missing some pokerrule, in wich case this is a very embarrasing post, but i don't think so.
      Or is this a bug. And did someone had this before?
  • 4 replies
    • Renmerb
      Renmerb
      Gold
      This occurs when the all-in came from a player who did not have enough chips to make a min raise. As he didn't make a correct raise it is counted as a sort of call, and thus you can not re-raise in this situation.

Does this make sense in your situation Einstein? You don't mention any stack sizes.

I think this is correct, but please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I play cash, and don't come across this situation very often.
    • Einsteinbrain
      Einsteinbrain
      Bronze
      I know it was better to post the hand, but the hand history is on a different os and i can't (don't want) to restart my computer right now, so i will take a look later. But it indeed makes sense to me.

Thank you for the explenation
    • Einsteinbrain
      Einsteinbrain
      Bronze
      Idd, he had like 50 chips less for minraising.

:) I learned something new today.
    • mexia
      mexia
      Basic
      I nave never encountered such a thing while playing sng.