[NL2-NL10] 88 in the CO

• mata123
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8:club: , 8:spade:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, BU folds, SB calls $0,07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,18) 2:diamond: , 3:diamond: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,18, Hero raises to $0,40, SB raises to $1,49 (All-In), Hero calls $1,09.

Turn: ($3,16) 2:spade:
      River: ($3,16) Q:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $3,16

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, eights and deuces (8c 8s)
      SB shows a full-house, threes full of deuces (3s 3h)

SB wins with a full-house, threes full of deuces (3s 3h)
      To agresive with the all in?
  • 4 replies
    • RoyG85
      Im not the best to evaluate your hand yet, but i just wanna share some of my experience with you.

I have noticed that when people donk out with pot size bet or more, or even just close to a pot size. they usually hold a very strong hand, and you should be aware of that. There are so many hands he can do this with who have you beat, or have great equity against you.

In this case i would even fold on the flop, or call then fold to any further agression on turn/river (c/f), but i really prefer a flop fold here personally.
    • Duudalinja
      IMHO, on these limits it's almost clear - he won't count on you contibet if he has a made hand. He's passive player, so any action from him is sign of made hand. He could call with some suited connectors, ppair, Ax, and so on. You have overpair, but I belive against pot donkbet and re-raise shove, it's a fold.
    • mata123
      i think i was a bit tilty here it's not an all in that i make with this type of hand,although the flop was not too bad for my hand,i think fold after the shove,maybe not reraise at all was the smart thing to do...will wait for the opinion of a judge though
    • MaestroOfZerg

He looks kinda passive but it's only over a few hands so it's hard to base decisions on stats entirely, would be better if you just had a feel for his play at the table.

I usually just call the flop and reevaluate on the turn unless i have a reason not to, usually that i've seen him be aggressive in those spots at least once before and expect him to fold/call/jam over a raise from me with worse hands like A-high + gutshot, flushdraws, worse pairs.

Hope it helps.