[NL2-NL10] 4NL (SH) TPTK value betting the river?

• BattleHunter
      Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (6 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($3.99)
      Button ($2.87)
      SB ($5.40)
      Hero (BB) ($4)
      UTG ($1.22)
      MP ($7.70)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K
      3 folds, Button bets $0.14, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.40, Button calls $0.26

Flop: ($0.82) J, 5, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, Button calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.02) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.76, Button calls $0.76

River: ($3.54) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

Total pot: $3.54 | Rake: $0.23

Results below:
      Button didn't show (QdTh) (one pair, Queens)
      Hero had AcKh (one pair, Kings).
      Outcome: Hero won $3.31

Should I have made a bet here? I was putting him on a busted flush draw, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't call any bet here with it. My thinking process is that he might be tempted to bluff here, as he only had $1 behind and the pot was $3.5. I would have called any bet, but to be honest I was not thrilled by the way he cold calls me 2 streets. I was even thinking 2pair here, but being the donk I am I would call him anyway.

I think I played pre-flop and flop are pretty straight up, betting for value my best hand, but what was the correct play on the river? And should I have made the bet on the flop bigger? I bet below 1/3 pot, because I see he's running short on money and anything above would mean allin
  • 2 replies
    • mata123
      i would have betted maybe 1 buck on the river if you really want to bet,that queen is not the best card for you,it completes T9 straights,and the AT ones,and gives a good chance that a weaker K like KQ to have you beat...but i'm no expert just a fish writting rubish... :f_p:
    • MaestroOfZerg

Just shove the turn, it's less than a potsized bet and there are a lot of drawing hands a fish likely won't be able to lay down, not to mention all top pairs and maybe even J if he thinks you're bluffing somehow. If you stack the draws on the turn then you don't have to worry about how to extract value from them on the river :p

Hope it helps.