This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 ATo

• pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.56
      UTG1:
      $3.03
      UTG2:
      $17.56

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.71 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , T:heart:
      UTG1 calls $0.05, UTG2 calls $0.05, 6 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.17) 7:club: , 8:diamond: , T:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.47) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, UTG2 raises to $1.37, Hero...?

I didn't raise preflop because I'd be out of position against UTG limps which are tricky to decipher. I hit TPTK on flop and decide to bet out and fold to any resistance as it is a wet board and limpers could just as easily have 77/88 but TT is unlikely.

On Turn I hit trips and UTG just passively called so I put him on an OESD and fire a 2nd barrel which is not met by resistance. I figure possible hands are 9T, TJ, TQ, TK? All of which I have dominated and only 9T has alot of outs. What does one do here? Trips are so uncommon and very hard to fold?

According to Equilator:
      AT 63.447% vs 77-99, KTs, QTs, T9s, KTo, QTo, T9o 36.553%

Against such a range I am ahead, and given the fishyness of the limit I think it's OK. Against a pute 77-99 range of course I'm dominated badly and need runner runner to escape, and also against the nuts J9, but what are the odds of that?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm just going broke on the turn against an unknown, worse trips fit his line best (since he could have raised a set or a straight right on the flop) and he won't fold them, if he has us beat so be it, we still have some outs.

Hope it helps.