Stack
      Hero:
      $5.56
      UTG1:
      $3.03
      UTG2:
      $17.56

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.71 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , T:heart:
      UTG1 calls $0.05, UTG2 calls $0.05, 6 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.17) 7:club: , 8:diamond: , T:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.47) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, UTG2 raises to $1.37, Hero...?

I didn't raise preflop because I'd be out of position against UTG limps which are tricky to decipher. I hit TPTK on flop and decide to bet out and fold to any resistance as it is a wet board and limpers could just as easily have 77/88 but TT is unlikely.

On Turn I hit trips and UTG just passively called so I put him on an OESD and fire a 2nd barrel which is not met by resistance. I figure possible hands are 9T, TJ, TQ, TK? All of which I have dominated and only 9T has alot of outs. What does one do here? Trips are so uncommon and very hard to fold?

According to Equilator:
      AT 63.447% vs 77-99, KTs, QTs, T9s, KTo, QTo, T9o 36.553%

Against such a range I am ahead, and given the fishyness of the limit I think it's OK. Against a pute 77-99 range of course I'm dominated badly and need runner runner to escape, and also against the nuts J9, but what are the odds of that?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm just going broke on the turn against an unknown, worse trips fit his line best (since he could have raised a set or a straight right on the flop) and he won't fold them, if he has us beat so be it, we still have some outs.

Hope it helps.