Material Accessibility

• Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      I would love to read/watch silver - Diamond MTT videos and articles.

My issue is I play at Stars and because Stars is not linked to PS I don't gain PS points.

So why not allow members to pay for access?

5$/Month Silver access
      10$/Month Gold access
      20$/Month Platnum access
      30$/Month Diamond access

I thought of a couple issues

A) A Member who worked hard to reach diamond etc may feel ripped off if someone could just buy in. Maybe only allow access for the highest rank the member has reached.

B) Some members like me play MTTs and it is virtually impossible to reach diamond status playing MTTs only. Maybe allow a one time monthly upgrade per level.

There are a couple other issues getting somthing like thist running but no point going into that now.

Maybe a plane ticket and invite to a BM party is in store for me if my idea makes PS $$$$. :)

Just an idea.... What do you guys think? Soy?

• 10 replies
    • Andre
      Andre
      Bronze
      Dear Cardbender,

i am just wondering because Stars is linked to Pokerstrategy.com. Maybe you are not tracked. But it is definitely one of our Partner Rooms.

Your suggestion:

This is often discussed in the German Forums. The results are: paying for our content is against our business model. We want the players to learn and improve and there is plenty of content for each Status.

Best,
      Andre
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Also if you're willing to pay for the content then why don't you just buy a membership at some other strategy site? They're usually even cheaper than those 30$..
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      I guess pokerstrategy wants to keep it simple which I understand. Just thought it would be a good idea.

I understand your buisness model. Its not that I am not progressing with my game its the fact that no sites that I can link through PS can compare to Stars because I am a MTT player.

Also because I am a MTT player there is no way I will get Diamond status. For this reason PS should consider something... I will pay! I have been gold status when I was a SSS player but SSS is not for me.

Anyways I have found a couple sites that have what I am looking for so it's all good they can have my money. :)

Thanks for the reply
    • Andre
      Andre
      Bronze
      Hey Cardbender,

i can see the problem and I know what you mean. Again, we were having disussions in the German Forums and it is the biggest wish of the German User to be retracked to PokerStars. But this is not possible. Of course we would like to retrack Stars Players to Pokerstrategy.com but this is not our decision, its Stars decision.

We were talling to them a few times, but without a noticable result. I am sorry.

But, there are many good MTT´s on FullTilt and Party as well. I am a friend of a splitted Bankroll on a few skins anyway. When I was playing MTT`s i played the knockouts on FullTilt. Just as a Tipp.

See you,
      Andre
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Hey Andre,

Yeah I know all about the boycot by the germans etc ... It sucks Stars will never let us retrack....

One thing I will say is it sucks being a MTT player at PS because you dont generate enough rake/PS points to get say Diamond. Playing at a linked site that has soso MTTs like Party to get silver/gold status is not worth droping the best MTT site "Stars". I have read/watched alot of the silver/gold MTT stuff already. I would love to be gold now though i see you have some new vids. I am more interested in diamond vids though.

It seems pokerstrategys buisness model is more built around SSS and BSS etc. Maybe a guy like Boku can grind SnGs for diamond but not many others....

I may start a HU SnG grind I'll see what rakeback offers are available through pokerstrategy afiliates.

Thanks again for the reply
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Cardbender
      Hey Andre,

Yeah I know all about the boycot by the germans etc ... It sucks Stars will never let us retrack....

Well atm I am looking for the best rakeback site that has HU SnGs so if any afiliates through PS are around what I'm seeing I'll link that.

HU SnGs should generate a lot of rake thus PS points.

Thanks again for the reply
      Full Tilt
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      i have a ft acount w no rake :(
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Cardbender
      i have a ft acount w no rake :(
      Hey Cardbender. If you haven't already, email Full Tilt support. As long as you haven't signed up through an affiliate you can get rakeback through FT's preferred provider. If you have signed up through an affiliate then you may be able to negotiate an RB deal with the affiliate directly.

It is an awesome place to play with rakeback - although disappointing to not be able to retrack through PS.com obviously.
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      thanks waiboy I'll look into it!
    • Devillus
      Devillus
      Basic
      thanks allot i`ll gone take a look too