[NL2-NL10] QQ easy fold?

• mata123
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:heart: , Q:diamond: . UTG1 posts a blind of $0,02.
      UTG1 checks, UTG2 calls $0,02, MP1 raises to $0,22, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,22, SB calls $0,21, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0,72) A:heart: , 4:diamond: , 7:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP1 bets $0,18, Hero calls $0,18, SB folds.

Turn: ($1,08) K:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1,08) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $1,08, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2,16
      What do you think,missplayed preflop?Opponent was better than the stats show it
  • 5 replies
    • supeyrio
      your post flop actions were: call, check, fold.
      if there were any fault in your play, it would be the lack in finding out information from your opponent, and this may just have caused you to fold a potential winning hand! all you needed was to raise.

1 way is to reraise to 3x his flop raise, because his raise is weak, which could be due to him having a weak holding like 2nd pair, medium pockets or drawing for the flush, or he could be plain tricky, value betting you and feint weakness. add to fact that you are the preflop aggressor which having and ace in your holdings is definitely a possible range to be having.
      the fold equity generated from this reraise dictates that there is a high chance that without holding something stronger than the top pair, he would have to fold.
      however if he does calls down your raise, there is a high chance that you are beat and i would check it down despite the fact that he may have just been drawing and checking the turn may induce a bluff bet that we would have to give up if it is large. i would call down his value river bets as its +ev to catch such bluffs.

2nd way is to call his bet down, and when he checks on the turn, fire 2/3 pot size, and if he calls, and check on the river, i would check.
      if he calls and fires on the river, i would have to fold, unless its a value bet.

both ways, we gathered more information on his hands, rather than call check fold which would have gathered 0 information.

this is just my opinion! good luck!
    • mata123
      Thanks supeyrio for your time and analysys it's pretty good
      Initially i planed on raising the turn,but that K killed it for me and i decided not to invest any money in a hand that seldomly i would win from my point of view
      Also his preflop raise was big which increases the chances of me being beat here especialy with two overcards on the board
      I think i could have done more preflop maybe reraise him?
    • supeyrio
      hi mata, i misread the hand history im so srry! i thought you were the pre flop raiser!!
      in this case, you may want to consider 3betting preflop. i would have 3betted instead and it better narrows the range of the opponent. in the case that you have called down the bet preflop, the following i said should more or less stand other than
      "add to fact that you are the preflop aggressor which having and ace in your holdings is definitely a possible range to be having." which is wrong!

the turn shouldn't have killed you. why you thought it killed you is because you played it with your holecard in mind, do note that your opponent do not know what cards you hole, and with proper aggression on the flop , he may think that you hold an ace pair and he may already have given up his king before the turn comes.

however if you are pretty darn sure that he holds the ace (e.g. he has a PFR of under 5 which is not in this case), then not investing in the pot is a wise decision.

cheers, hope my evaluation is not wrong.
    • SheepMoose
      3bet pre. And yes this is an easy fold, AINEC.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I wouldn't say it's a trivial fold since it's very possible for that player to show busted hearts given his line, he could also be merging random crap just because you didn't bet the turn.

That being said Ax still makes up a good part of a fish's range and his line kinda looks like he was trapping, so i don't mind folding.

Hope it helps.