[NL2-NL10] NL4 (SH), top Set vs. draws, time to squeeze flop?

• BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (6 handed) - Cake-Poker

BB ($3.01)
      UTG ($4.11)
      MP ($3.86)
      Hero (CO) ($3.98)
      Button ($2.23)
      SB ($3.98)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, K
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.16, 1 fold, SB calls $0.14, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.48) 5, K, 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.24, Hero raises to $0.60, SB calls $0.60, BB calls $0.36

Turn: ($2.28) 3 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.28) 9 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.56, BB calls $0.56, Hero folds

Total pot: $3.40 | Rake: $0.22

Results below:
      SB had 6c, Ac (flush, Ace high).
      BB didn't show (Tc, Th) (flush, King high)
      Outcome: SB won $3.18

I know what I did turns out to be the correct play, but I want to know would it have been a correct spot for squeeze play? I'm not giving them odds to continue anyway, but maybe they might have folded to... say $1.20 raise?
  • 2 replies
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      You have to call 0.56 to win 3.40. You have top set. I dont see here fold button. I dont think every 6 times what you need to call here, you see flush. Yes often you see here flush, but you need to win this pot 1 time of 6 times when its happening, and im sure that at least 1 time you win here.
      Its my oppinion and waiting for some better player advice.
      Ofcorse turn check was also mistake like you sayd already.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I have no idea what you're talking about when you say you want to make a squeeze play on the flop.

I'd raise bigger on the flop, Kx isn't folding anyway and the only other hands that can play with us are clubdraws, so $0.85 looks fine.

As played i don't think the turn check behind is a mistake, considering only one of them (if any) can have Kx in that spot, and all the club draws got there. They may have peeled with worse hands given that your raised small, hard to say. Most likely if we bet we're gonna get jammed on and either call it off bad or be forced to fold out boat draw, which sucks.

As played on the river it's still a stretch for me to think that none of them has the flush, so even tho the odds are great, i don't mind the fold.

Hope it helps.