right play's for AK's & 3bet pocket pairs & so on

• supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      hi, just want to know for FR games:

1. what are the right plays for AK's preflop? i learnt from somewhere that AK is good to 3bet as pot equity is right. however i also learnt from somewhere that one should not 3bet with AK as this will invariably kick players holding dominated aces out of the pot.. so which is right? situational?

2. is it ok to call down 3bet's with pocket pairs? seems to be good +ev if flop a set against over pockets. are there any guidelines?of cos with stats that has PFR under 5, 3-bet stat of under 1, i will call and hope to flop sets cos he's imo going all the way. but im talking abt more generic plays.

3. is it ok to fold KK to very aggressive 4betting deep stack players? of cos with stats that has PFR under 5, 3-bet stat of under 1, its more or less insta fold. but im talking abt players that has no stats.

4. been getting hit by in position players who call down my PFR or 3bets with AA and KK. when i do hit a top pair, often i raise two streets and check the river. and this will cause me to lose a big deal.

hope to get great inputs here, cheers!
  • 5 replies
    • heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      Very good question, I could say I have almost the same troubles :-)
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by supeyrio

1. what are the right plays for AK's preflop? i learnt from somewhere that AK is good to 3bet as pot equity is right. however i also learnt from somewhere that one should not 3bet with AK as this will invariably kick players holding dominated aces out of the pot.. so which is right? situational?

2. is it ok to call down 3bet's with pocket pairs? seems to be good +ev if flop a set against over pockets. are there any guidelines?of cos with stats that has PFR under 5, 3-bet stat of under 1, i will call and hope to flop sets cos he's imo going all the way. but im talking abt more generic plays.

3. is it ok to fold KK to very aggressive 4betting deep stack players? of cos with stats that has PFR under 5, 3-bet stat of under 1, its more or less insta fold. but im talking abt players that has no stats.

4. been getting hit by in position players who call down my PFR or 3bets with AA and KK. when i do hit a top pair, often i raise two streets and check the river. and this will cause me to lose a big deal.

1) You 3bet for value. Quite offten you can pick the pot up pre flop or on the flop with a C-Bet. AK is a drawing ghand and you'll hit the flop only 33% of the time.

2) It depends on your stack size and opponents stack size. Odds of floping a set is about 7 to 1.

3) IMO, never fold KK pre flop.

4) Pay more attention to flop texture/opponents probable ranges.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      Originally posted by supeyrio

1) You 3bet for value. Quite offten you can pick the pot up pre flop or on the flop with a C-Bet. AK is a drawing ghand and you'll hit the flop only 33% of the time.

2) It depends on your stack size and opponents stack size. Odds of floping a set is about 7 to 1.

3) IMO, never fold KK pre flop.

hi pocketacesjohn, thanks for your input. would like to know in greater detail,
      consider flop dry hitting top pair and just getting called all the way.
      such plays are often done by LP and fishes, so how can we justify narrowing their range to over pockets or sets?
    • DusanBanik
      DusanBanik
      Bronze
      i think if you know that your opponent has AA that is is very good to fold KK :)
      i have been in this situation and i folded my KK ;) . And the opponet has AA somebody with 55 called his all in so i saved my money :)

btw. i think that floping set, when you hold pair is like 8-9% so it is more likely to be 1:10 or 1:11.
    • DusanBanik
      DusanBanik
      Bronze
      i just counted and you are right it is about 12% so it it arround 1:8 1:9