[NL2-NL10] NL10 - AKs

• woopstash
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, A.
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.70, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $3.99, MP3 calls $3.89, CO folds, Hero calls $3.29.

Flop: ($12.22) 4, 2, 5 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $2.99, Hero calls $2.99.

Turn: ($18.2) Q (3 players)

River: ($18.2) T (3 players)

Final Pot: $18.2.

Results follow:

Hero shows high card ace(Ks As).
      MP3 shows a flush, queen high(Qd 6d).
      MP2 shows a pair of aces(Ah Ac).

MP3 wins with a flush, queen high(Qd 6d).

I should've just pushed the remaining 2.xx instead of flatting the 3bet. I don't mind losing to AA with AK, but wow... Q6s... you've gotta be kidding me.
  • 2 replies
    • Renmerb
      Think I could find a fold preflop here. With no stats/history on opponents at least. High chance you are up against at least 1 pair, don't really wanna go three handed with the bet size, no implied odds means you really have to hit. I think, like you said, if you wanted to play the hand you should have shoved preflop. Still think you would of been called, and you do only have A high, so I think a fold would be better. Wait for a better spot to catch the fish.

Just my opinion, but I hope it helps.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Agreed you should just jam at this point if you're going to continue, calling makes no sense. And i'm not folding either without reads against two guys with 40-70bb, you never who what the fish are capable of.

Hey look at that, guy went broke with Q6s.

Hope it helps.