=) Can anyone seriously play there?

• JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      OK i downloaded the software and tried it =) ...

I cant really imagine anyone playing regularly (not for fun, but for profit) there.
      You can only play 4 tables.. But believe me you wouldnt wish to play more.. Its hard to really stay focused on each of those 4 tables.

I played just for a while so i cant really say how much soft the site is.. But I dont think its worth it =) .. You cant ever make any solid volume there because on SH tables there are about 45hands/hour..

Well of course anyone should try it himself and make an own opinion..
      I would really like to know if anyone is thinking about grinding on that site because its just seem undoable for me =)

If anyone can play a bit more and give us some more insights about the play please do. I cant anymore =)

JQ
  • 39 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      PKR is shite IMO.
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      i think its ok for players who are thinking about every hand so that they can improve their game instead of multitabling robot
      maybe play tournaments if cash games are slow

but i didnt play there yet so it might be bad...
    • Katu1900
      Katu1900
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Leito99
      i think its ok for players who are thinking about every hand so that they can improve their game instead of multitabling robot
      maybe play tournaments if cash games are slow

but i didnt play there yet so it might be bad...

im thinking about it and maybe its good to make an hard move up like nl100 / nl200 or nl50/nl100. Just play less tables focused with fishes.

But its just an idea...what do you guys think?
    • Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      Hmmm... I'm never playing more than 4 tables... I might give it a shot :D
    • gape0000
      gape0000
      Bronze
      Can someone check how's the FL traffic there esp. HU (3/6$ and up) since it might be a decent site to improve in that area and not just focus on grinding all the time.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      i suppose i can try it since i'm used to slow software and few tables. :D

dilemma is, how much to deposit? given limited volume we can play + only NL25 for me atm. since they give it in one lump sum, i dont want to end up getting nothing. :f_cry: (well, except for rakeback- does anyone know if this is deducted from the bonus?)

well, accdg to the PS intro, i kind of gathered that FL traffic isnt that good.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      i would only play this site if i was playin nl400+ (which i am not) or maybe if i wanted to play hu
    • Abe1919
      Abe1919
      Bronze
      I wouldn't go there it's run by a bunch of hicks and the last straw for me when i first started playing poker was when the whole site crashed. Every table every tourney every hand just wiped out and everyone got kicked out of the site. Took hours to fix and imo if u have any interest in playing poker to make money rather than playing it like a video game u'll stay away from that site. It sucks................big time.................
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I played there before I discovered pokerstrategy. there are a couple of good points like the graphics that make it a good experience and add to the fun. Also the level of most players at low limits is much lower that on most other sites that I have played before making it easy to grind on both tourneys and cash games.

now for the bad. Well when i played I did not have rakeback so changing site gave me an instant advantage. But even with rakeback PKR only calculate rake (or gives you PKR points) if you put money in pot when so sites calculate your rake for every hand you are dealt.

Only 4 tables multitabling; PKR has been talking for ages about increasing that number but nothing has been done so far, and it is really hard to put in some volume.

Maybe I was not putting through heavy volume but I used to find it very hard to clear bonuses. Also you cannot clear a bonus partially you either clear it all or they give you nothing.

I think PKR is nice if you want to chill in front of a (as in 1 :f_biggrin: ) game of poker but not for making money.

I almost forgot :) for people who want to build their bankroll from nothing. PKR got plenty of freeroll as well as $0.10 10 man sng. The downside with those is that you can only play one every 20 minutes but they are so easy.

I am now playing at fulltilt and PKR would have to offer me some serious deal for me to come back cos' on the grinding you just cannot compare.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Another think I forgot. Neither PT3, HEM nor elephant work on PKR at the moment although HEM is working on it and there is a dedicated HUD for it called poker officer I think.
    • DarkNeo1
      DarkNeo1
      Bronze
      SNG's are horrible cos its so slow,you get about 8 hands and its push or fold time.The lower MTT's are the same.The only playable games are the deepstack MTT's and the higher limit ones where you get plenty of play.
      So in other words-Its gay :D
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      downloaded it (took a while), tried out play money tables.
      pretty confusing, cant tile the tables - theyr displayed as miniscreens along the side which u can click, then it goes into the one big one in the middle. i dont know where im seated at the minitables (cant choose seat) or when the action is on me.

plus, u dont see ur cards (theyr facedown) unless u click on "look at cards" then ur character takes a peek just like in real life i guess. the software is anti-multitabling. it's not about efficiency but more about savoring each moment. it's perfect for beginners to transition from live/TV poker to the online world. i think we shld offer starting capitals here. they're safe from sharks, plus, they wouldnt be multitabling anyway.

i guess the avatars are fun and u can really tilt ppl but thats not my thing. play is slow i suppose but how come i couldnt keep up multitabling 2? i was confused as all hell. does anyone know the most optimal config?

i really dont expect to see sharks anywhere on this site. its funny how u can buy outfits like designer dresses and jewelry for ur avatar instead of spending ur points on tourns/merchandise... i mean, do ppl actually do that? :f_eek:

i dont think i can get any real volume here, so i deffo have to keep playing at a more regular site, but i guess i would be open to one-tabling here on the side, purely for entertainment.
    • Abe1919
      Abe1919
      Bronze
      Yea i spent my pkr points on tatoo's a sunglasses and stuff..........but enough about pkr i told u it's shite and this will probably be the last post in the pkr section on pokerstrategy,i hope. :f_mad:
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Rofl sounds like an epic site, you seriously can't see your cards unless you make an action to? I could imagine playing HU with a pimped up avatar though, ballah... or not :f_confused:
    • doomsd
      doomsd
      Bronze
      hey is there any token for 1st ddeposit or something like that there?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Abe1919
      Yea i spent my pkr points on tatoo's a sunglasses and stuff..........but enough about pkr i told u it's shite and this will probably be the last post in the pkr section on pokerstrategy,i hope. :f_mad:
      they have what they call cards up tables in cash games and in PLO where you can see your cards all the time but most tables require an action to see your cards. Some people think they can use as a tell on some players and some others use it to bluff showing uncertainty with a big hand.

i know that I have played there having had a glass to many and I had to look at my hands every other second. It can be a nice addition for a chill single game.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by doomsd
      hey is there any token for 1st ddeposit or something like that there?
      you get some tokens as well for premium freerolls that need to be buy in with points. TBH those freerolls are very soft and dont have too many users like on other sites.
    • doomsd
      doomsd
      Bronze
      o ma god i am instaling this shit 4 hours alredy it is note finish yet wtf their server disconect like 10 times lol
    • randomdonk
      randomdonk
      Bronze
      ultimate site to tilt monkeys, imagine playing hu and spamming the chicken sound, when they make some awful hero call and lose u use the "nice call" sound, spam the "nice hand" and "well played" when they do retarded stuff... could be fun :D

last site to go if u want some serious grind though