$12.94
      SB:
      $6.05
      BB:
      $5.03
      UTG1:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with 8, 8.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 3 folds, CO calls $0.15, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.37) T, 9, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, CO calls $0.25.

Turn: ($0.87) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, CO calls $0.60.

River: ($2.07) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.07.

opp stats in 200 hands - 10/3.5/22.7/19 (VPIP/PFR/AFq/WTS)

Was playing tight enough to allow open raising from UTG with such a hand.

Flop: flop made OESD for me, but had two overcards and flush draw. I did cbet, but now, after reviewing hand, I think I should have bet more, 0.30 or 0.35, because range with which villain called could contain flush draws and some Ax combination or even some speculative 9x, Tx hand.

Turn: Blank, so I kept value betting.

River: That's where I changed my mind after reviewing hand. As river card was blank there were only few possibilities - either he missed everything or he has hand that beats me (Tx, 9x) which was less likely. In first situation it would be clear fold to my bet as he doesn't look like air bluffer or if he had something that beats me, he clearly would call or even raise me there. So wouldn't check/call (or check/fold if he shoves) be better option?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Flop is fine considering CO only has 80bb to begin with and you might want to call a raise with your OESD without being committed.

Betting the turn looks like that the less worse way to go without reads, tho it's unclear exactly if the bet in itself is even +ev considering you're beat by quite a bunch of 9x/Tx hands already. Check/folding and check/calling imply some knowledge of your opponent's turn betting range, which you lack.

As played on the river i agree with your reasoning since i don't believe that player will ever valuebet 9x/Tx in that spot, and it's hard for him to have slowplayed a strong hand on such a drawy board. That makes his river betting range mostly busted draws, which is why i like a check/call.

Hope it helps.