Stack
      SB:
      $11.17
      Hero:
      $11.50
      BU:
      $10.15

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:club: , Q:spade:
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.35, SB raises to $1.30, Hero raises to $11.50 (All-In), BU folds, SB calls $9.87 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Flop: ($22.69) 4:heart: , K:club: , 3:heart:
      Turn: ($22.69) A:spade:
      River: ($22.69) T:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $22.69

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Qc Qs)
      SB shows three of a kind, aces (Ah Ac)

SB wins with three of a kind, aces (Ah Ac)

Now should i stop going into preflop allin shoves with passive opponents who show so much aggressoin?
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I'm not SH player, but I think 4bet it without shoving, because he's not maniac raiser, so 3bet could mean anything - good hand as well as defense. If he shoves after your 4bet - imho it's fold.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm almost concerned that you're actually bluffing with QQ in that spot against a 27/12/1.7, depending on whether he's capable of 3-betting light as a resteal or not.

I think as a default these days you're better off making a smaller 4-bet to around $3, to give SB a chance to shove on his own if he happens to have one of the few hands you actually beat.

I wouldn't mind you just calling either if he has a 3bet% of 0, since you have position and it's unclear whether you can actually 4bet for value. Just do that instead if you're thinking about 4bet/folding.

Hope it helps.