Just a big thank you!

• robpettitt
      robpettitt
      Bronze
      Hi all at PS,

Just wanted to post a big thank you to helping me sort out my online BR. By way of background I have been playing for about 3 years now mostly live and am a winning player in local cash games and tourneys, but I just couldn't seem to crack the online game.

So back last year I registered with you guys and got my $50 on 888 and ground that up into about $100 in a few weeks, just playing NL5 to begin with as I really wanted to get my online cash game sorted.

Then tuned in to a coaching session on Party and noticed that they had credited a $30 bonus to my old account. I thought, ignore BR for a moment, played a SnG, came second, then another came second. Party refused to track my account with you guys so I withdrew about £115 from there and opened a new Full Tilt account through PS.

At FT have moved up to NL10, got my deposit bonus and RB as well as FTP's. Saw a thread on here on the best way to use these points and entered a 1800 FTP SnG, won £26 token. Used that to enter another SnG, won a 75$ token.

Used that to enter a $69+6 tourney, way above my BR but not using cash (just the token) and I came second for $186!!!!

This has boosted my BR to $550 total and I am going to move up the levels again to NL25 cash, all from the initial $50 plus bonuses and advice picked up along the way through PS.

So, a long post but a big thank you! I hope to post another when I hit my next goal of $1,000 and move up to NL50 :)
  • 3 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello robpettitt,

Congratulations on your early success and i'm glad that you enjoy everything that PokerStrategy has to offer.

One piece of advice though. Make sure you understand and apply proper Bankroll Management, even more so now that you have accuired a bigger bankroll.

Ideally you should have at least 25 Buy-ins for the level you are playing or thinking of moving too. In your case to move to NL25 you should have at least $625 in your bankroll.

There is a some more information in this article: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1534/1

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • robpettitt
      robpettitt
      Bronze
      Thanks Bulldog,

I do apply BRM although I have adjusted it slightly to a 5% BI max in line with Chris Ferguson's BR Challenge "rules". As a fairly conservative player I find this works fine with me, I have tilt under control with tight stop-loss discipline as well and have no problem dropping down a level if I go below 20BI.

Played a quick session tonight and up slightly so fingers crossed!

Are there any articles/videos specifically on moving up from NL10 to NL25? My first impressions are that the players are obviously better but still with some (although fewer) fish, and it is more aggressive.

Many thanks again,
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello robpettitt,

I'm not sure if you have read the following article yet but it shows how to play against different types of players that may prove useful:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1568/1

Kind Regards,
      -Steve