Looking For Omaha Mastermind To Help me!

• MrHank3y
      MrHank3y
      Bronze
      Hello fellow players,

First of all I'd like to tell my story.
      It all happened two weeks ago on 14th of February. I turned 18 and started playing Omaha High on FTP. I have read Pot-Limit Omaha Poker by Jeff Hwang (link) and Secrets of Short-handed Omaha by Rolf Slotboom and Rob Hollink (link2) and I have another Jeff's book waiting. As I started playing I had 4 very successful sessions (4 days). On the 5th day I tilted and lost all 160$ and from there onward I have been mostly losing. As I stand now I have lost my starting capital, first deposit bonus and some other 50$ FTP bonus, and 30$ of my own money. That makes total losses of 223.33$ according to HEM in Omaha cash games.

So I would like to send my total of 8711 hands HEM database to some helpful pro to plug my leaks. I personally have no idea how to navigate or find some helpful filters in HEM. I am most interested in plugging my own leaks to play good ABC poker.

Also I'd like to hear your tips how do you fight tilt as I find this my worst opponent.

Thanks and hopefully I get a response =)
  • 7 replies
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Hi,

you can't seriously expect someone to go through 8k hands for you just because they have nothing better to do..

If you not only read the books but understood them as well you should have an ok game already. Just be avare of the fact that Hwag's book is for FR so if you're playing SH which you probably are you need to adjust a little.

Post hands in the appropriate forum.

What is your BRM? You definitely need at least 50 BIs to play PLO. And I wouldn't play anything lower than PLO25 because of the huge rake on the lower limits. You play more rake in PLO than in Holdem as it is and I'm really not sure if those microstakes are eve beatable for a beginner..

If you don't want to deposit those 50*25=1250$ I think you're better of starting with Holdem and moving to PLO later on after you build up your bankroll..
    • MrHank3y
      MrHank3y
      Bronze
      Hi and thanks for your answers,

I am playing 0.1 / 0.25$ on FTP. I tried 0.05/0.1 but couldn't keep myself motivated because of so low blinds and stacks.

As for 8 000 hands, there are no more than 100 all ins, I guess. Looking through them and shouldn't take very long but what do i know.. :(

As of know I am down 100$ my own money..

The last day I came to the conclusion that even though I like cash game format I am just too anxious to get action or foolishly aggressive, aka fish I believe. :D
      So I'm giving Holdem tournaments a shot but still, if anyone wants to check out my cash game history please post here. =)
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      Lol, even durrrr could loose $160 in one session at PLO25 SH, use proper BRM or you will regret it.

As for tilt, i think the most part is down to experience. Only a special few have a natural avoidance of tilt instantly, for me it took a few heavy losses from playing on tilt to make me think what i was doing and just stop playing, now im fairly good with it really.
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
    • MrHank3y
      MrHank3y
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Irooz
      Your post pretty much answers itself - you have no BRM.

Originally posted by MrHank3y
      As for 8 000 hands, there are no more than 100 all ins, I guess. Looking through them and shouldn't take very long but what do i know.. :(
      Try posting all 100 hands in the sample hands forums, see how long it takes :f_p:
      That is why it is easier to check them out with a poker program!
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      8k is about nothing. I've run 60 buyins below allin-ev, and only have now caught up to it, and I have over 130k hands! Of course, most of those buyins were in PL100, and now the winnings are from PL10... :f_rolleyes:

But yes, I don't think anyone could say anything reasonable from your database itself. Posting hands achieves the same thing (with much better accuracy) and we can focus more on what you feel are tough spots for you.

Hwang is an excellent writer, so if all else fails, return to him or google for his articles on the internet, he has also posted some hand quizzes to help you evaluate your game.

The words of encouragement: 10 buyin downswing in 8k hands is to be expected from time to time. Especially if you play more loose aggressive, or play against aggressive players (which they are over Tilt).