burrrr (UTG): $42.93
      decsky (UTG+1): $4.13
      CapDCanoa (MP1): $6.09
      BaZouX (MP2): $5.28
      aigelboom (MP3): $9.98
      july05 (MP4): $30.18

Dealt to HERO Q:spade: Q:heart:

Pre-flop:
      (3 folds), BaZouX raises to $.35, (1 folds), july05 raises to $.60, HERO calls $.60, (3 folds), BaZouX calls $.25

Flop: ($1.95) 9:heart: J:club: 5:heart: (3 Players)
      BaZouX bets $.50, july05 raises to $1, HERO calls $1, BaZouX calls $.50

Turn: ($4.95) Q:club: (3 Players)
      BaZouX bets $3.68 and is all-in, july05 raises to $7.36, HERO raises to $27.33 and is all-in, july05 raises to $28.58 and is all-in, july05 returns $1.25

River: ($70.65) 8:heart: (3 Players)

Nothing much to be said here I guess, but my play here is
      far from ideal I think (partly due to several key moments happened at the same time @ diff tables)

Just looking for some comments on how I might've/should've played it from the get-go.

4-bet preflop due to such a small 3bet?
      Is the cold call on the flop good/bad ?
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      I would probably just call the 3-bet in position since you are so deep and can easily get in awkward spots. The call is probably ok on the flop since you have a lot behind with MP4 and you sometimes have best hand (although I shut down on turn really if I don't improve).

On turn I would be happy to get it in since I think MP4 raise looks like made hand rather than drawing (as I think with drawing he would just call hoping you call behind). And you beat his made hand range hugely and have redraws against him and stuff.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by amplifyd
      I would probably just call the 3-bet in position since you are so deep and can easily get in awkward spots. The call is probably ok on the flop since you have a lot behind with MP4 and you sometimes have best hand (although I shut down on turn really if I don't improve).

On turn I would be happy to get it in since I think MP4 raise looks like made hand rather than drawing (as I think with drawing he would just call hoping you call behind). And you beat his made hand range hugely and have redraws against him and stuff.
      This. It's the common "don't get into horrible spots with an overpair 300bb deep" line.

If you think july05 is bad enough to 3bet garbage and call a 4bet with it go ahead, same thing if he's really tight but you believe you can get him into 4bet/5bet pot while still getting odds to setmine. Say you make it $1.8 or something and he continues with his bad play by min5betting to $3, you're pretty sure he has KK+ at that point and you have to call $1.2 more in position to potentially win $27 or so, we're printing money.

Of course this is assuming you're willing to take the variance, but against the right type of players it's worth it.

Hope it helps.