Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.84
      CO:
      $2.08

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with 9:diamond: , 9:club:
      Hero raises to $0.16, 3 folds, CO calls $0.16, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.38) 8:club: , T:spade: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.27, CO raises to $0.60, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.25

80% of my cbet get reraised in these dry boards. Thing is I can't know if my opponent hit set, got overs too or is bluffing shit out of me. If I call 100% they will fire another big bet at me and keep firing. I can't believe they always got these hands because i get raised so often. Is it because my cbet 2/3 pot is too low? I always try to keep it the same not to give too many tells, unless its a drawy board then i go for almost pot size.

These situations drive me crazy. Giving up so many hands after cbets eats all my earned cash.
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      If it is one player who is constantly reraising c-bet then obviously making a play on this sort of board once in a while is not that bad - calling is gonna be bad cos you're OOP, hand is vulnerable and you give them initiative.

But by this players pretty low WTSD and his pretty big gap between VPIP and PFR I would probably fold here since he doesn't seem that agressive.

But IMO going all in to win like $1 and likely only ever getting called by a hand which you have at best like 60% against is just not worth it.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by amplifyd
      If it is one player who is constantly reraising c-bet then obviously making a play on this sort of board once in a while is not that bad - calling is gonna be bad cos you're OOP, hand is vulnerable and you give them initiative.

But by this players pretty low WTSD and his pretty big gap between VPIP and PFR I would probably fold here since he doesn't seem that agressive.

But IMO going all in to win like $1 and likely only ever getting called by a hand which you have at best like 60% against is just not worth it.
      That's about it. If the same player is doing it all the time you'll have to make a stand at some point, just bear in mind that it will of course involve risking a lot more money in the process.

The games are tough these days, but i don't think they're tough enough to the point where all nl5 tags are bluff-raising these boards constantly. It's probably just selective memory.

You can also, against risky players, start checking back hands that are good enough for you to feel bad folding to a check/raise, yet not good enough for you to happily continue against a check/raise. Think middle pair, TPNK...

Hope it helps.