Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $6.33
      BB:
      $5.58

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.71 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:club: , Q:diamond:
      7 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.40) 7:spade: , J:diamond: , 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BB calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.00) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BB calls $0.60.

River: ($2.20) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, BB raises to $3.00, Hero...?

Very passive until 'blank' river. Slowplayed set or hit it on the river? I have to pay $2 to win $6.20 I can never get away right?
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Probably can't since you are getting good odds but realistically I don't think you are ever ahead here - it looks like a shere value raise - surely he will never think that laying you 3:1 would work as a bluff after you have showed so much agression on previous streets.

And it would be v.strange imo for him to suddenly decide to raise Jx after he has called down both the other streets. So I think I would fold, becaue I don't see you being ahead enough to jusifty calling even if you don't have to win that often.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd bet 3/4 on the turn and 2/3 on the river, since i don't think he's ever folding Jx anyway.

As played I wouldn't give that guy credit for thinking about the odds he gives us tho, he just 3x'ed it as we usually do, it's likely his standard. I agree with amplifyd, the only way you're actually ahead is if he's got something like J6s and doesn't get overpairs beat him, but given his stats and his raise sizing he could very well be a tag still, so that's likely not in his range anyway. I'd fold.

Hope it helps.