AKs hand

• m4rr3co
      m4rr3co
      Bronze
      0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A :spade: , K :spade: . MP3 posts a blind of $0,02.
      MP2 folds, MP3 checks, CO folds, BU calls $0,02, Hero raises to $0,12, 2 folds, BU calls $0,10.

Flop: ($0,28) K :heart: , T :heart: , 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,20, BU calls $0,20.
      Betted here for protection

Turn: ($0,68) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,44, BU calls $0,44.
      Anoter bet for protection

River: ($1,56) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU raises $0,37 (All-In), Hero folds.
      Folded because i didnt want to see a flush, it happens to me everytime o.O

Final Pot: $1,93

Can someone comment? Am i in the right place?
  • 3 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      I think at this limit your fold on the river probably did save you 37c.

You probably should look at your betting strategy though. In this case you could have bet a lot better to get him all in on the turn.

Check it out:
      25c on the Flop.
      Turn pot is now 78 instead.
      75c on Turn and now you are putting him to a push or fold decision.

These players are going to draw on you no matter what, that's what makes them so profitable, so you might as well really charge them for it.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      first of all I recommend posting your hands in the hand evaluation section where a judge can evaluate it and give you more in depth advice. Now the way you played it i would not have folded the river. Simply there is $1.93 in the pot and it only costs you .37 to see the showdown abd you have TPTK (top pair top kicker) so you could vvery well be aheead. But as Tokyoaces said you might as well have gone all in on the turn protecting your hand, generating more fold equity and not having to make a dificult decision on the river :)
    • m4rr3co
      m4rr3co
      Bronze
      Yea...but the worst thing it could happen, is that the enemy was slowplaying a low set, that could be sad x]
      Anyway, thx everyone, learned somehting more about protection