[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Aa

• michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Hi all

Not too much reads on villain.

Fold turn? I really didn't think I was good there.

I hate when they just call my when I raise with AA, KK or QQ preflop, and give me lots of aggression post flop. This is really causing me some conflict at the moment, when they don't hit, they fold, I only win a few BB. But when they hit, they give me aggression and I find it hard to get away with, therefore I end up losing lots. I'm talking about a average to good TAG player.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $5.45
      SB:
      $5.00
      BB:
      $3.91
      UTG2:
      $2.59
      MP1 (Hero):
      $5.00
      MP2:
      $1.76
      MP3:
      $5.95
      CO:
      $1.38

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, A.
      UTG2 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.20, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.20, 4 folds, UTG2 calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.67) Q, 3, 8 (3 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.55, MP3 calls $0.55, UTG2 calls $0.45.

Turn: ($2.32) T (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $1.84, MP3 raises to $5.20(All-In), UTG2 folds, Hero calls $2.41(All-In).

River: ($11.77) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $11.77.
  • 2 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      So take all of the information you know. What would you have done if you had an infinite amount of time to decide?

MP3 is a full stacked player who has won at least one pot recently. It was either a big pot or he won 2-3. That alone tells you that its possible that he's not a recreational player.

Next, his actions are to cold call your pre flop raise and your flop raise. If he doesn't have a set or better when he pushes the turn then I'll ship you $1 on Stars or FTP. :f_biggrin:
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

As tokyoaces pointed out, small details make us think he's probably a tag, but we can't say anything with any confidence.

If MP3 is a solid player then i agree. It's quite simple actually, when he coldcalls you flop raise he's telling you he has a Q or a set already, and nobody decent is shoving a lone pair of queens into both the pfa who played strong for two streets and UTG2 who is a half stacked fish.

If not it's closer, because it's possible for a bad player to decide "screw it i'm all-in" in such a spot with stuff like Q9/QJ/98/T9 for a pair and a gutshot, or even KQ/AQ.

So overall when in doubt getting 3:1 i don't mind calling it off. As soon as you know MP3 is a decent reg, this becomes a fold.

Hope it helps.